USB GPT drives - current status ?

yes - sorry xyz321 - I meant to say I'll post it when I can but I dont have access at the moment.
I just thought it may be worth posing the question until I do.

I said msdos because that is the name given to that specific partitioning scheme.
By listing msdos and GPT I was making the point that using or mixing them was apparently not related to my issue.
The term MBR relates to a different though usually related concept but I can see how you might get confused.
A partitioned drive does not have to have an MBR - if that helps.
If you are not familiar with regular terminology used in the PC world I'm sure wikipedia can help.
Can we please not muddy the thread?

I said msdos because that is the name given to that specific partitioning scheme.
No it isn't you clueless ignoramus. See post #17.
The term MBR relates to a different though usually related concept but I can see how you might get confused.
No it doesn't. And I'm not.
A partitioned drive does not have to have an MBR - if that helps.
So where does the partition table go if not in the MBR then? The MBR being LBA 0 of the disk.
Even a GPT partitioned disk usually has a protective MBR.
If you are not familiar with regular terminology used in the PC world I'm sure wikipedia can help.
You patronising tw@t. I've been doing this stuff for 34 years (and 7 years prior of non-PC stuff). I think I know better than you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: aw1
Back