USB hard drive recording problem

How did you convert it to Ext2? The CF Telnet menu presumably.

I have not managed to make this work with a "32GB" UPD, possibly because it isn't quite 32GB.
The standard method using a HD-Fox and telnet, rebooting in to maintenance mode and then formatting. The key is that the UPD has to be in FAT32: NTFS or exFAT and the UPD is not recognised.

FAT is a prerequisite of the CF Ext2 conversion process. I meant I couldn't get TSR working on a 32GB stick.

FAT is a prerequisite of the CF Ext2 conversion process. I meant I couldn't get TSR working on a 32GB stick.
All I have tried to date is direct recording using the rec button on the remote, I've not tried timer recording or attempted to activate the time shift buffer.

I turned on the time shift buffer. It did allow me to pause live TV, but playback was punctuated with artefacts, pixellation and transient picture freezing. I guess that the read/ write speed to the UPD is too slow for this function?

Could this be the problem when booting into HDR mode? Are there too many read/ writes going on, preventing access to the media folder?

Back