USB Hub success?

tridgley

Hi all, I've tried to search for this with no avail (as I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask) has anyone tried and succeeded in using a usb hub with their box?

My hub is powered, as are the two external HD drives I'd like to attach... I ask because I'd like to leave the front usb free for obvious aesthetic reasons and ease of occasional usb stick use.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all, I've tried to search for this with no avail (as I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask) has anyone tried and succeeded in using a usb hub with their box?

My hub is powered, as are the two external HD drives I'd like to attach... I ask because I'd like to leave the front usb free for obvious aesthetic reasons and ease of occasional usb stick use.

Many thanks in advance.

Can't say for definite but a powered hub works with a Foxsat-HDR and HD FOX T2 so I imagine the HDR FOX T2 will be the same.

Check the HD-FOX section of the forum - with only one USB socket they are more desperate to use a hub, and I know there has been success with powered and unpowered hubs (and also failures).

Thanks for the replies.

For anyone's future reference, I tried my old Belkin hub with it's own power supply and it all worked fine although the external hd's no longer powered down with the box, so I took the power away from the hub (as both hd's have their own separate power supplies anyway) and all continued to work plus the externals power down with the box again now.

Back