USB Keyboard

johndriscoll

simple question I hope. Can I use a USB keyboard plugged in to the HDR? Particularly when on You Tube. Much easier than using the remote

I believe so. No harm on trying it. I have toyed with wireless USB without much success.

I don't think that it will work, I have tried using USB keyboards in the past with very little success. Some key presses are recognised, but I could not get it to do anything useful. I seem to recall that pressing F12 causes the box to crash and reboot.

Thanks again. I have a panasonic viera smart Tv which works OK with a keyboard so I will stick with that. Have to say as a newbie I'm really impressed with the enthusiasm of the forum and the quick, helpful replies. Even more blown away with the HDR. My old 9200 would transfer files via USB but it was slow and not that reliable. Using the custom portal I am getting transfer speeds of 12Mega! Brilliant! Other PVRs I looked at just couldn't even transfer files to a PC. Still have lots more questions so hopfully you people will stay onboard with me.

I would suggest you having a look at the WiKi, (link a the top of each forum page), espesially if you intend to use the Custom Firmware

Back