USB not recognised

Hello all :)
It took a bit longer than expected, but my friend gave me a Sandisk 16GB USB stick, with a flashing red light when being used :), and everything worked perfectly no problem, the tv show was 980mb and it transferred in less than 2 minutes, now works great on our PC.
So thankyou for all the help, it must be to do with the USB sitck (64gb) which I tried originally.
I contacted HUMAX too and they replied on the same day, which was a Saturday, so that makes me feel great about a product Ive not had for very long, too.

Thanks for all your help too, cheers :)

I think the answer to this is that the Humax firmware does not include driver support for that particular UPD. Whenever you plug a different UPD into a PC, there is almost invariably a pause while Windows finds and installs the appropriate driver - either from the built-in library of mass storage device drivers or by reaching onto the Internet for one. The Linux kernel running on the Humax can only have so many different drivers available, and as the UPD you mentioned (64GB with USB3) appears to be a very new one, it seems to me entirely likely that it is the driver support that is the problem.

Driver support during the stripped-down boot for the firmware update process is even more restricted, which is why HD/HDR-FOX owners have sometimes had a problem finding a UPD to perform firmware updates.

The Linux kernel running on the Humax can only have so many different drivers available, and as the UPD you mentioned (64GB with USB3) appears to be a very new one, it seems to me entirely likely that it is the driver support that is the problem.
I have 3 different 128GB USB3 flash drives which were recently purchased with the original packaging and are recognised by my HDR-FOX T2 . I must have been off loaded old stock for all 3. :D

I think the answer to this is that the Humax firmware does not include driver support for that particular UPD.
Was it ever established whether or not the previous flash drives had been fully formatted or not? It doesn't matter about the theories of whether or not that is expected to make a difference but it does matter that in practice the Humax does mind whether it is fully formatted or not.

Back