User Accounts Custom Firmware

Umpa

Is there a way to restrict accounts from accessing certain ares of the webgui. I would like to be able to allow members of my family to set and record programs via the browser, but at the same time I don't want them to delete anything or other wise muck the install up by removing packages and stuff.

Thanks

Ump..

At the moment there is only one level of logon to the Web-if so it is not possible to give different users different permissions. I'm sure a user hierarchy could be built-in with say user, super-user, guest etc. logins, but extra 'faffing' for single users would need to be avoided

With the requirement to ensure the Humax reboots in order to ratify the schedule addition, are you sure your users are up to this, without causing havoc between themselves?

I see the WebIF as a superuser administrative privilege, so you are able to housekeep without interrupting the family use. I would restrict them to the remote control if I were you!

With the requirement to ensure the Humax reboots in order to ratify the schedule addition, are you sure your users are up to this, without causing havoc between themselves?

I see the WebIF as a superuser administrative privilege, so you are able to housekeep without interrupting the family use. I would restrict them to the remote control if I were you!
Well that is a concern, but It would be nice for us all to control it via web. It could always allow them to schedule, but not reboot until I say so. The problem with the remote is the temptation for the wife to put it in standby - lol plus the remote always seems to be down the back of the sofa.

I think it will be extremely complicated to make the WebIF multi-user, the best you could probably hope for is to have it one user at a time. The most practical possibility I can think of is to depopulate the applets available from the front page for specific classes of user, and have multiple username/password combinations that enable user classes (with an additional disable on the reboot).

There are probably many gotchas that will surface. What, for example, if users try to schedule programmes which will conflict when they get added to the schedule at next boot?

Almost anything is doable with enough effort, but the biggest obstacle at the moment is there is only one user that wants this feature. Anybody else?

Back