Using 2 HDR-FOX T2's in the same room

hummybee

Hi all

Thinking of buying a second unit but how would I set up each remote to only respond to its respective unit?

Maybe Brian will know.

Hi all

Thinking of buying a second unit but how would I set up each remote to only respond to its respective unit?

Maybe Brian will know.
There are no problems using multiple (up to 6) HDR-FOX T2's in the same room.:)
Another thread giving details of changing the remote control mode can be found HERE.

Hi af123.

Yes, that's what I thought £130.44.

Not keen (under statement) on the replacement 2000T or the youview version so imo best to get a 'spare' whilst they are still available.

best way to copy/move recordings between units.
With or without custom firmware?

Without: use an external drive formatted FAT or Ext3 and shuttle it between them. No good for HiDef. For recordings larger than 4GB you need Ext3.

With: decrypt everything (or at least auto-unprotect it), mount each to each other as virtual USB drives using Foxlink, copy as you wish using the Humax remote.

But there's no need to copy or move anything, or even install custom firmware - with both boxes connected to the network, you can play the content on one from the other by DLNA (no decryption required, not even for HiDef). Make sure content sharing is turned on (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On), and then the other Humax will be able to see recordings via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network.

Alternatively, with Foxlink installed and everything decrypted, the remote contents become available as if on a local USB drive complete with resume, bookmarking, file management, etc.

Many thanks for the information Black Hole.

I was going to try USB to USB first but will now try as you suggest.

For the record, both units will be running the latest version of the excellent CF.

As always, much appreciate your help.

UPDATE (for those interested).

The refurb unit could not find any TV/Radio channels. Tried numerous times with two aerial leads that work find with my TV, but no joy.

Although the packaging was damaged (and delivered by Yodel!) the unit appears to be in good 'almost new' condition and has a 'checked' stinker on the back so probably just down to bad luck (maybe the reason it was retuned in the first place but they didn't say).

In the process of returning for a refund but as I'm still in a 'would like an additional FOX T2' mood I've ordered a 1TB version from Humax Direct for delivery tomorrow.

Just keeping my fingers crossed I don't get two faulty units in a row.

It was a very specific subject easily categorised under a new title (and therefore a better resource).

Back