Using Find facility having selected Guide

Peter JMatthews

In the first instance I found having selected Movies that films appeared that were little to do with the main channels and then, I think after a factory reset, I now only found films that I had never come across before, like Bollywood?
If I enter a test keyword like Films or BBC Films, it isn't recognised. Is there any way that main channel films can be shown or is it some sort of agreement between Humax and the channels?

Are you trying to do a text search or a genre search (available under 'Click down arrow below for more options. ') ?

While the genre assignments can at times be pretty bizarre I think most of the channels manage to use 1 Film/Drama for Movies

My understanding is that the the keyword search is on programme titles in the epg (which will depend on how populated it is. So entering 'film' will only show programmes with film in the title.

The only way I can think of to filter for main channel films is to delete all the other channels and then do a genre search.

Be advised that by using the Custom Firmware Remote Scheduling web site, searches can be more specific and also persistent - with email alerts and/or automatic scheduling on your HDR-FOX.

My understanding is that the the keyword search is on programme titles in the epg (which will depend on how populated it is. So entering 'film' will only show programmes with film in the title.

The only way I can think of to filter for main channel films is to delete all the other channels and then do a genre search.
Deleting channels is a bit extreme - assign the channels you want to search to a Favourites group

To those who have kindly responded is that the info you have supplied is a bit beyond me. Why in the first instance have channels been allocated without any assigning by me such as True Movies and Movies for Men and others. My interest is in the main channels and the films they have to offer. I do however take the point of MymsMan and will try assigning required channels to a Favourites group. Thank you

Deleting channels is a bit extreme - assign the channels you want to search to a Favourites group
Just assigning the target channels to a Favourites group is not enough. You also need to install the custom firmware and action the search through the WebIf.

Why in the first instance have channels been allocated without any assigning by me such as True Movies and Movies for Men and others.
The keyword search is on the actual text of the programme titles in the epg. It searches for the characters you enter in the title of the programme. It will search all titles looking for the exact characters you entered and return up to 400 programmes where the title includes the exact search characters you entered.
There are some other recorders that can do what they refer to as an 'internet search' but they also tend to return a lot of pay tv progarmmes and can make it even more difficult to spot anything of ineterest especiall if you haven't any pay subscriptions.

Although I would not recommend deleting channels because of the loss of schedule and favourites if you try to get those deleted channels back, it may be the only way of limiting the channel search, I don't think setting up a 'Search' favourites group will work, because when I do a search by keyword or genre the humax does not search through my default 'My-TV' favourites list, it only ever searches through the 'TV' list

Unfortunately the Humax selects the first 400 matches it finds, which is ususlly not what you want, if you install the Custom FirmWare you can then search on programme description as well a programme title, it is much more comprehensive

I think you don't realise what you are missing. The RS facility plugs any inadequacy of the on-box search, as well as letting you set a recording even while away from home (we did it before Sky did!).

Back