Using network-shares-automount with seriesfiler

RedEarth

Has anyone tried using seriesfiler to automatically move recordings to a network share mounted using the automount package? I've been experimenting with this because the Raspberry Pi can play HiDef recordings from the Humax but I don't want to have to switch the Humax on in order to watch stuff I've recorded, so I'm going to try filing the recordings to a share on the NAS, which the Pi can then access. I'll try and report what I find on here, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has tried it already, are there any nasties to watch out for?

In order to do that I think you will have to mount the NAS within the My Video file system instead of as a virtual USB drive (there is an option for this in the auto-mount settings).

This leads to a potential problem though, in that any process which searches the My Video tree will also walk the NAS - including the DNLA indexer, and you can't turn that off (content sharing) if you are auto-decrypting.

Just checked the RS portal, it has also found the mount for the NAS share and listed its contents. I'm quite glad I set up a separate share on the NAS for this rather than using the main one containing my entire music and photo collections!!!

Back