Using 'OPT+' and 'Sort' on remote control

Trans (gender)

I don't like having all my saved recordings in separate folders, I prefer keeping them all in one page where they are clearly visible and accessible

However when sorting my recordings into 'alphabetical' order (for ease of locating & viewing) it doesn't stay sorted when I next switch on the unit. It reverts back to default (time). Why does it not stay in alphabetical order, and can I override the system somehow? I do have custom firmware installed if that helps

There are several Custom Firmware packages that can help you out here, have a look at Flatten, wiki link HERE, there is also Flatview, wiki link HERE

Lovely thanks very much. I'll read them shortly, but to be clear will they be able to keep my recordings list (when viewed via the normal tv screen) permanently in alphabetical order each time i switch the unit on, or are the custom firmware packages you mentioned for web-if viewing?

'Ezra Pound' - I've just noticed that you are a Wiki Administrator does that mean you keep the Wiki.Hummy.Tv web page up to date or is that someone else?

Only I'd like to challenge the statement regarding 'wireless users' on the web page: "Remote Scheduling" ...at the bottom of the page in the Notes section it states: "If your Humax is usually connected to your network via wireless, then it will not connect to the wireless network when it wakes up to make a recording"

Was that statement made in regards to a using a wifi dongle or some other method of connecting to the wireless network? Only I've had my wifi dongle attached to my unit since receiving it as a Christmas present and it connects to my wireless network without any problems each time I turn the Humax on.... the message could be confusing to other users having a plug-in wifi dongle like mine.

Waking up to make a recording is not the same as turning it on. The former is referring to the humax when, for instance, you have set it to record a program while you are out and have turned the humax off before leaving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Ezra Pound' - I've just noticed that you are a Wiki Administrator does that mean you keep the Wiki.Hummy.Tv
Yes
I'd like to challenge the statement regarding 'wireless users' on the web page: "Remote Scheduling" ...
As HarveyB has pointed out, the note is referring to the Humax waking itself up (for recording), rather than when the user wakes up the humax
Was that statement made in regards to a using a wifi dongle
Yes

Lovely thanks very much. I'll read them shortly, but to be clear will they be able to keep my recordings list (when viewed via the normal tv screen) permanently in alphabetical order each time i switch the unit on, or are the custom firmware packages you mentioned for web-if viewing?

Unfortunately none of the custom firmware packages can affect the behaviour of the remote control and the humax TV interface

Waking up to make a recording is not the same as turning it on. The former is referring to the humax when, for instance, you have set it to record a program while you are out and have turned the humax off before leaving.
Ours seem to connect to the network when recording (only) as I often have a look-in with WebIf when that's happening. But maybe that is because of the CFW (wireless helper?).
Is the Wiki referred to just for non-CFW boxes?

Ours seem to connect to the network when recording (only) as I often have a look-in with WebIf when that's happening. But maybe that is because of the CFW (wireless helper?).
Yes, that's what wireless-helper is for. The Remote Scheduling page in the Wiki does say that though so I don't think there should be any confusion.

Notes
Wireless Users
If your Humax is usually connected to your network via wireless, then it will not connect to the wireless network when it wakes up to make a recording. You can install the WIRELESS HELPER package to change this behaviour and increase the opportunities for your Humax to check for new recordings.
The wireless-helper package currently only supports wireless networks using WPA or WPA2. It is planned to extend support to at least WEP in a future release.

However when sorting my recordings into 'alphabetical' order (for ease of locating & viewing) it doesn't stay sorted when I next switch on the unit. It reverts back to default (time). Why does it not stay in alphabetical order, and can I override the system somehow? I do have custom firmware installed if that helps
This surprises me. I thought the sort setting sticks, but I will have to check.

Back