Using Raspberry PI to dim the bright display on a HDR-FOX T2

Grant Walsh

I have found a way to utilise the Raspberry PI computer hardware to solve the problem with the bright VF display on the fox T2.
No programming knowledge is required.
Please see the attached photo for more information.

If anybody requires instructions on how to fit this modification, please dont hesitate to contact me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 48
The only problem with your modification is that it makes the already too dim display even harder to see.:rolleyes:

I have 2 HDR,s Brian. The one in the bedroom is far too bright. The older one downstairs is too dim. Maybe i should just swop them around !

Have you gone green with them yet?
If you are using the customised firmware, add the redring package and you can alter the brightness of the display, and the LED ring, plus many other things.

Excellent idea! I tried to do the same but it's still a bit too colourful. It doesn't look quite as good a fit as yours, any tips please?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352416261.193614.jpg

This is fairly similar to the gaffer tape customisation. If you just shift it over a bit, you can stop the kids playing with the remote.

Excellent idea! I tried to do the same but it's still a bit too colourful. It doesn't look quite as good a fit as yours, any tips please?

View attachment 356
Yes. I think you need to have the blueray player below the humax, this would act as a more stable base for the pi modification.
You may need to support the rear of the humax though as i dont think the blueray device is deep enough to support it !

Back