Using Sweeper with Foxlink (NFS) or SMB

I've installed [ Foxlink ] on two of my Humax HDR Fox T2 recorders, but not to watch or stream recordings, I've set it up to move recordings on to a third, the main recorder, all three are Humax HDR Fox T2, that have custom firmware, all three have auto-updated firmware and package updates, but...

I've also set up [ sweeper ] rules to move files, which do actually work, but need some polish

(the main recorder is 'A', so we'll call the second recorder 'B')

For example, 'B' is used to record conflicted recordings originally intended to be recorded on 'A' (recordings that were going to be recorded on 'A' but caused a timing conflict), a check is made using [ sweeper ] that the correct lcn, recording title, recording time, 'is' new, 'is' shrunk, it then gets moved to the [ /media/HDR ] which is the [ foxlink ] path to recorder 'A' and gets deleted from the recording's original location, on recorder 'A', a [ sweeper ] rule then moves the recording to [ /media/My Video ] from where it is watched, another [ sweeper ] rule processes it further as it now has a not new flag

The recording on 'B' is recorded to [ /media/My Video ] and copied to a [ moving folder ], in the [ moving folder ], a [ sweeper ] rule moves the recording to [ /media/HDR ] as a result, deletes the recording from the [ moving folder ]

The recording then gets copied again on recorder 'B' to [ /media/HDR ]

I want to keep the recording on 'B'

Ideally, I would like the [ sweeper ] rule(s) to mark the new file as watched when the recording is copied from [ /media/My Video ], so that is doesn't keep getting copied to the [ moving folder ] ( the [ moving folder ] is a stepping stone folder from where it is actually moved to [ /media/HDR ] ), how do I make follow on [ sweeper ] rules work, the rule that starts [ Previous Rule Matched ]

Sorry, this is so long, but having got in to [ sweeper ] from your kind encouragement, but my concentration is not what it once was, I tend to prod and poke by experimentation until I get somewhere or give up, I have tried [ network-shares-automount ], but all those options mean nothing to me, but I have got [ Foxlink ] doing partially what I need, it may not be being used for what it was intended for, but sort of works for me

Many thanks for all the hard work and time helping

If all the recordings on B are deconflicting A, you need one rule in B's My Video that moves each new recording to a transfer folder on A using the Foxlink folder, perhaps another for series recordings that can be one level down; then another rule in the transfer folder on A to move new recordings out.

The problem is that sweeper wants to operate relative to the Video directory. You could make a symbolic link in B's Video, say "[Transfer]", to the /media/HDR directory: the [] should stop auto processing that's meant to happen on A from being executed on B. In A's Video directory make another [Transfer], which should appear as [Transfer]/[Transfer] in B's Video directory.

Eg:
B
Files and folders (1 level):
if recording marked as new and folder doesn't contain "[Transfer]"
movecreate to [Transfer]/[Transfer]/%bfolder
(maybe need 2 cases, bfolder ==/!= "")

And
A
Files and folders (2 levels):
if folder contains "[Transfer]" and recording marked as new
movecreate to %replace:%bfolder:[Transfer]:.:

Might that work?

Thank you /df, it seems there is little or no requirement for such a solution
?

/df was suggesting some things for you to try, they are possible solutions to your requirement.

There are other possibilities, such as using a script to run rsync to do the file moving instead of relying on sweeper.

/df was suggesting some things for you to try, they are possible solutions to your requirement.
Thank you Black Hole, but I had already thanked /df for the suggestion, my additional comment was in reference to the original query not being of interest, as in, I'm not using [ Foxlink ] to stream recordings from a Humax HDR Fox T2, but rather sending recordings to a Humax HDR Fox T2, which appears to be now working thanks to the input from /df

Back