V-Format Query - 2000T

Hans Klopek

I realise that the V-Format button has been removed from the remote of the HDR-2000T but does this mean that the option to change the output resolution is now integrated into the Humax's menu system instead?

I ask because I tried my HDR-FOX T2 on my parents new 4K television today and noticed some flicker/shimmering in the picture compared to the TV's built-in tuner. This was successfully resolved by switching the Humax's output to 1080i and letting the TV deinterlace the video instead. If this option is not available I will need to seek a second hand HDR-FOX T2 instead.

Many thanks for your time.

I realise that the V-Format button has been removed from the remote of the HDR-2000T but does this mean that the option to change the output resolution is now integrated into the Humax's menu system instead?
Display format can be set via the menus Menu>Settings>Preferences>Video>Resolution with choices 576i - 576p - 720p - 1080i - 1080p

Just in case anybody cares, the HDR-2000T does not suffer this same shimmering when outputting 1080p. I.e. the video processing seems to be improved compared to the HDR-FOX T2.

Back