Various web interface faults

emsquared

Hi all. Hope you are well.
Hope somebody might be able to point me in the right direction if they have any insights. Obviously this software and the PVR is all getting on a bit now and if not repairable then it's not life and death and the PVR still works and I'm happy about that.
Been running the last custom firmware (4.1.3) without any problems for a good while now and around 16th June a few things went awry and I'm unsure how to correct things.
The Foxsat itself runs fine otherwise. Last package update applied was the channel icons update circa 16th June. Overnight housekeeping takes place. I can telnet in. I've run fix-disk (all ok), tried reapplying the firmware and reinstalling individual opk files relating to the fault but nothing changes the faults:
but the custom firmware web interface has these faults -any help much appreciated - thanks in advance
  1. No visible epg either in 7 days view or now/next
  2. Missing channel editor (it says it's installed under packages - but doesn't appear in the web interface)
  3. Documentation tab can be clicked but never loads. Just says page loading
  4. Remote scheduling stopped communicating my Humax HDR on 16th June
  5. Scheduled items also no longer show anything in the web interface

Attachments

• scheduled.png
    scheduled.png
    31 KB · Views: 1
  • pageloading.png
    pageloading.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
  • epg.png
    epg.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
  • sysinfo.png
    sysinfo.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
Just to reassure you – I don't think there's anything sinister here. Similar things occur in HDR-FOX CF, and it usually means a bit of installation refreshing.

I'm sure somebody more familiar with the FOXSAT will be along to advise.

Just to reassure you – I don't think there's anything sinister here. Similar things occur in HDR-FOX CF, and it usually means a bit of installation refreshing.

I'm sure somebody more familiar with the FOXSAT will be along to advise.
Thanks. I like to blame myself so thanks for the reassurance.

I would probably reset the CF environment and reinstall. From the command prompt via telnet:
rm /opt/etc/.DO_NOT_DELETE_THIS_FILE
then reboot and reinstall the WebIf etc.

I would probably reset the CF environment and reinstall. From the command prompt via telnet:
rm /opt/etc/.DO_NOT_DELETE_THIS_FILE
then reboot and reinstall the WebIf etc.
Ha. Well despite doing that and the firmware saying it's present on boot I now cannot connect to the web interface (404 not found) despite being able to see the Humax on the network and ping it. Telnet attempt says
Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused.
Life eh?
Update: I changed the fixed IP address assigned to the Humax in my router which got me a basic web interface (see screenshots enclosed) telling me to download the complete interface. I did that and it appeared to complete but on reboot it asks for the same procedure to be undertaken which when attempted results in a 404 not found. I can however now telnet in again.

Attachments

• downloadweb.png
    downloadweb.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2024-06-29_11-45.png
    2024-06-29_11-45.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I seem to have muddled my way through and re-installed the custom firmware after going over the original suggestion several times (no idea why I had to do that). That seems to have reset everything and I now have everything that was missing working again (including the remote scheduling that did flag that certain files already existed when I reinstalled). Maybe there is something more messed up going on and if so then I presume this reset will also mess up again but for now I'm back to a functioning custom firmware. Thanks for your patience. Have a lovely weekend.

Back