Video format to stream to Humax

I'm just playing with a couple of ideas/mini projects, building some web pages hosted on my humax.

I can play an mp4 file from the hard disk/usb fine, but if I link to the video hosted on a webserver by directing the portal browser to http://www.myserver/myvideo.mp4 the humax loads for a minute then reboots.

I was hoping it would launch a default video player but it doesn't look the case.

Anyone any ideas?

Remember that the Humax web browser (based on Opera, I understand) is going to be limited in built-in file support. You could dissect the standard portal iPlayer or YouTube app to see how it launches the video player, but I suspect the "far end" specifically handshakes with it to feed the video data rather than just saying "here's the mp4, read it as you want".

There might be a way to load the mp4 data straight to the HDR-FOX buffer file, and then trick the video player to play it.

ah, ok.
Is there a local copy of iplayer/youtube? I thought they were all hosted online at humaxtvportal.com.

I think loading it in to the buffer is a little beyond my knowledge but if you have any info that would point me in the right direction????

ah, ok.
Is there a local copy of iplayer/youtube? I thought they were all hosted online at humaxtvportal.com.

I think loading it in to the buffer is a little beyond my knowledge but if you have any info that would point me in the right direction????

Agreed, but the local facilities have to interpret the services hosted on humaxtvportal and act on them. There is some info on previous efforts with this kind of thing HERE (click).

We also know where the iPlayer/YouTube buffer is: /mnt/hd3/Streamer_down_file

Back