Video killed the radio star

You started a thread about this a month ago.
Dave ja vu?
No this is another set of lost channels, all radio this time though I doubt many here will be bothered, not wrinkly enough for this sites demographic :).

No this is another set of lost channels, all radio this time though I doubt many here will be bothered, not wrinkly enough for this sites demographic :).
I think some people here (not me) had expressed an interest in Greatest Hits Radio - for Ken Bruce and maybe Simon Mayo. That was probably on the DAB+ thread - so what happens to GHR on Freeview may not be of interest.

I think some people here (not me) had expressed an interest in Greatest Hits Radio - for Ken Bruce and maybe Simon Mayo. That was probably on the DAB+ thread - so what happens to GHR on Freeview may not be of interest.
Ken Bruce is essential listening for me and my parents, and Simon Mayo for me. But Freeview wasn't a good way to listen, it's a faff turning the TV and Humax on and if I recall correctly it was in mono anyway like lots of radio stations on Freeview. My best audio quality for Greatest Hits Radio is FM, I get full stereo quieting and it sounds better than the 112kbps MP3 internet stream. It's mono on DAB here. For my parents DAB is their best solution, Greatest Hits Radio is in 112kbps MP2 Joint Stereo in Yorkshire. Their FM reception of GHR is awful, sadly it isn't broadcast from Holme Moss which they are only 3 miles from.

Back