• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

View films stored on Foxsat HDR from a Foxsat HD

KBrcs

I have a Foxsat HDR and 2 Foxsat HD’s scattered around the house, connected to my LAN. Is it possible by using Raydon’s Media and File server bundle to view a recording located in the HDR via one of the HD’s?

OP
OP
K

KBrcs

Unfortunately no, I can watch films stored on the HDR on PC's connected on the same LAN as the HDR because I have uploaded new firmware to it that enables PC's to extract this data. And that's the problem in getting other Foxsat's to go and get the data, films etc. It's a pity Humax did not build this in because having HDR's dotted around the place with individual hard drives in them would be just as useless.

OP
OP
K

KBrcs

SD only the recordings in HD don't play. But even if one could from my perspective the days of watching TV recordings on a PC/Laptop have long gone.
Having a single point of TV recording storage accessible from mulitiple TV's would be ideal but with a Humax setup you can not. However you can if you use PC's to view and record in SD, this is why I referenced this to Bowser_23.