View security cameras through fox t2

surefire

Hi
I recently installed a hd recording security system in my home which is networked and allows me to view the cameras and maintain the system via supplied software. I also use XMeye to view on my android devices. Because both the security system and humax box are on the same network, I was wondering if there is any way I can view the recorded security video files on the Humax. Has anyone had a go at this before and with any success? Just curious to know if it can be done.

Because both the security system and humax box are on the same network, I was wondering if there is any way I can view the recorded security video files on the Humax.
It might be possible. The easiest way to try a test is to put a file from your security system on a USB stick and plug it into the T2. It will probably need to be in .mp4 format.

Like all other pvrs there are no external video inputs so you can't directly connect a video source and view/record it. It can be done but it will cost. You need a digital modulator which creates a DVB-T HD digital channel that your Humax should be able to tune.
You're thinking at the RF level when you should be thinking at the network level.

Hi
I recently installed a hd recording security system in my home which is networked and allows me to view the cameras and maintain the system via supplied software. I also use XMeye to view on my android devices. Because both the security system and humax box are on the same network, I was wondering if there is any way I can view the recorded security video files on the Humax. Has anyone had a go at this before and with any success? Just curious to know if it can be done.
Without installing the custom firmware extensions on your HDR-FOX, you can play (compatible) video files from your network storage if the relevant server has DLNA capability (Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network). Without DLNA, the HDR-FOX can be made to access network-attached storage by SMB (Windows) or NFS (Linux) protocols using the custom firmware.

That is assuming the recording device exposes the actual video files to the network, and assuming the format is compatible. I suspect the recording device actually only links up to its matching app. The bottom line is: if you can find the recorder through Windows and play the files from Explorer there's a chance.

Last edited:
Back