Viewing from HDD plugged into router

Petrus Jag

I have downloaded the custom software. very good, well done to all.

Now I am trying to view photo's and play music from my seagate External drive that is plugged into the back of my router.

In XBMC I can access these.

But from the Humax it recognises the drive and folders but will not play music or show pictures.

I can view a picture of the seagate that is in the hard drive that came with the software, but all media I have made will not play.

Any ideas about this.

You need to tell the Humax what kind of media you are looking for using the yellow button. It lets you switch between audio, video and pictures.. daft artificial partitioning but there you are.

the drive has just shown as empty, so I unplugged and plugged back in, and now everything is back. HMMMMMM!

Any ideas now?:confused:

Update:- I had some .BMP and VOB/TS files on the drive, and this seems to have stopped the humax from reading all files. Took the files off that the humax can't read and hay presto all works!

Has anyone else had this?

I had some (sort of) similar behaviour recently. I had to pull some recordings off the HDR which has a failing hard drive. I had shrunk and unprotected these using the custom firmware, and pulled them off onto a USB stick which I transferred to a seprate hard drive I have networked through my laptop.

Althouth the Humax can see all the other files I have on the networked drive (primarily .avi), it can't see any of the ts files I pulled off it's internal drive. This is even though my ps3 can see the files over the network. This is mainly a problem for me as the ps3 cannot decode the sound on the HD ts files and I was hoping that I could just point the Humax at them over the network rather than go to the trouble of transferring them back via usb once I have replaced its hard drive.

The Humax will display a stand alone TS file e.g. BBC-News.ts with the TS on the end, however if the 'sidecar' files are also present in the same folder e.g. BBC-News.hmt, BBC-News.nts and BBC-News.thm then the Humax will simply display the program as BBC-News without the .ts

In my case it isn't showing either. Having taken an entire series folder including sidecar files (only alteration being to shrink and unprotect via webif) off the HDR via USB, the HDR can view the series folder over the network but shows an empty folder. I thought at first I hadn't selected the correct "video" media, but it shows avi files on other folders on the drive so it can't be that. In any event I'm hoping there won't be a problem when I transfer the series folders back to the HDR once I have replaced the hard drive.

If you only want to transfer files from the internal HDD, install a new HDD and transfer them back to the same Humax, you can FTP the files with no unprotect, decrypt, shrink etc. directly to a P.C. and then FTP them back onto the new HDD. However the files on your P.C. won't play on anything else, even another Humax

In my case it isn't showing either. Having taken an entire series folder including sidecar files (only alteration being to shrink and unprotect via webif) off the HDR via USB, the HDR can view the series folder over the network but shows an empty folder. I thought at first I hadn't selected the correct "video" media, but it shows avi files on other folders on the drive so it can't be that. In any event I'm hoping there won't be a problem when I transfer the series folders back to the HDR once I have replaced the hard drive.
I'm a bit nervous about you having shrunk the files before a decrypt-copy to USB. It might not be a problem though.

Back