Viewing HD video

Trev

The Dumb One
Hi. I want to be able to play HD video from my FoxsatHDR on my computer. I have the upgraded S/W in place and can play SD video.
I believe that if I use non-freesat mode to record HD, it does so not encrypted, but this is a pain to do (and I havn't tried it yet). I believe that the T" has some (on the fly?) de-crypting s/w so is this available for the HDR?

To record HD without encryption you have to go into non-freesat mode and reboot. There's no timer recording so you have to initiate recordings manually. Using the modified firmware ypu can add non-freesat channels to freesat mode and create manual timers. (Not sure if you can record HD without encryption this way. The Freeview-HD pvrs work differently, all recordings are encrypted. The HDR FOX T2 decrypts SD on copying to USB (Foxy will fool it into doing the same for HD).

Using the modified firmware ypu can add non-freesat channels to freesat mode and create manual timers. (Not sure if you can record HD without encryption this way.
Thanks for that. I'll give that a go once her who must be obeyed is not using the TV and when I have found out how to actually do what you suggest :=)
The Freeview-HD pvrs work differently, all recordings are encrypted. The HDR FOX T2 decrypts SD on copying to USB (Foxy will fool it into doing the same for HD).
Ah, I see. I just wondered if there was the equivelent to 'Foxy' for the HDR, but I guess not :-(

Back