Vintage TV & Humax HDR-FOX T2

mattifor

Has anyone managed to get Vintage TV (242) to work.
I saw that it is supposed open on any Freeview+ receiver but I just get a blank screen when I attempt to access this new channel (242 VintageTV)
I have the Humax Fox T2 connected to the internet and can access the TV portal without problems
Mattifor

Presuming this is an IPTV service, it will not work on the HDR-FOX (the Freeview+ spec changed after the HDR-FOX was released, and it is not hardware-compatible). Previous versions of the firmware crashed when access was attempted to IPTV services (and the current firmware seems to have occasional problems with the data accompanying some non-IPTV services, eg RT).

Thank you
Could you tell me what is your customized firmware does it improve the HDR FOX T2 5oogb performance please?

I suggest you look here http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Main_Page for full details of Custom Firmware.
If your question on performance really refers to "speed" etc. then the answer is no.
If you mean functionality then yes.

It won't alter the answer to your original post though, relating to IPTV.

Thanks
I have installed the custom Firmware.
Very useful being able to decrypt files to download, I always found that having to download items by USB stick a bind.
Nice web interface.
I will just have to use My Freesat Humax to get vintage TV, until I can Justify geting the new model Humax Freeview+.
Thank you so much.

Thanks
I think after using this Custom firmware I will stick with what I have got for now.
I am trying to find how the Edit and crop works to cut adverts from recordings a present could be useful if I can work it out.

I am trying to find how the Edit and crop works to cut adverts from recordings a present could be useful if I can work it out.
Identify the parts you want to keep by positioning bookmarks at the start and finish of each section (which can be a pain because the Humax bookmark function only works while the file is actually playing - not paused or slo-mo), then the WebIF OPT+ Crop function will create a copy with only the parts you want in the file (the original is retained in a sub-folder, delete at your leisure when you are sure the cropped version is OK).

Alternatively, if you have bracketed the parts you want to remove, use the invert selection option in the Crop dialogue box (the graphics make it clear what will stay and what will go, one way or the other). The logic is simple: without inversion the crop removes everything before the first bookmark (ie the trailer), then everything between the second and third bookmarks (first advert break), etc. If there is no trailer (and therefore, in effect, no first bookmark), the crop selection needs to be inverted.

If you position your bookmarks roughly, you can then adjust them using the WebIF OPT+ Bookmarks function. I find the quickest workflow is to make sure the bookmarks are a little before the optimum point, then note how many seconds each one needs to be moved to the right and adjust them as a batch in the editor. The aforementioned "auto-detect ad breaks" function (in development) could provide a way to automatically position the bookmarks by detecting adverts - which it will then be advisable to review before committing to a crop!

Be aware that the bookmark itself can only be positioned at integer seconds points, and the cut point is at the next i-frame in the video stream (where a complete image is supplied in the data stream instead of differences accumulated since the last i-frame, for obvious reasons), so the edit cannot be very precise. If you want it seamless you will have to export the recording to a proper video editor (which converts the compressed video data into uncompressed video - ie every frame is an i-frame - and then re-compresses the edited video for saving).

Thanks Black Hole,

I am a little confused from what I have read so far I need to mark the book marks with the Humax hand set.
Which is the book mark button on the Humax RM-F04 handset please?

edit Forget it now found it Thanks

Sorry but I have never had a manual for the FOX-T2
Tried to find it online but could not
But I found description of Of Humax remote handset in the Foxsat manual

Sorry but I have never had a manual for the FOX-T2
Please note: "FOX-T2" makes no distinction between the HD-FOX T2 and the HDR-FOX T2 (only one letter, but important!). Just abbreviating to "HDR" is OK in context, but can cause confusion with the Foxsat-HDR in some circumstances, and obviously "HD" can be confused with High Definition (which is why I use "HiDef" in my posts). Thus it is best to use "HDR-FOX T2", "HDR-FOX", or just "HDR" when the context has been established (and "HD-FOX" in the other case).

Back