VLC Player plugin and "Play" option in Webif

DaveMe

I can stream directly from VLC Player but just a blank screen or a traffic cone when trying to stream from Webif browse files and "play" with IE11
It maybe a plugin problem with IE11. I also tried Edge (Windows 10) and that fails to.

It does work OK with Firefox.
Anyone got this working with IE11?
Thanks

It doesn't work for me either - so I just don't bother to use IE

When trying the VLC plugin demo I can't get that to work in IE either, for some reason it autodetects Mozilla
Code:
Browser autodetection selected the mozilla plugin.

You are trying to use the mozilla and firefox plugin.
Click here to try the activex plugin.
Switching to activex did work so something would appear to amiss in VLCs browser detection logic

It doesn't work for me either - so I just don't bother to use IE

When trying the VLC plugin demo I can't get that to work in IE either, for some reason it autodetects Mozilla
Code:
Browser autodetection selected the mozilla plugin.

You are trying to use the mozilla and firefox plugin.
Click here to try the activex plugin.
Switching to activex did work so something would appear to amiss in VLCs browser detection logic

Yeah maybe I'll just use Firefox if I need to "play" from Webif. Chrome no longer supports the plugin either. Would be nice if Webif would just open a new session of VLC Player instead of trying to play within Webif. Then you would have the full ability to move backwards and forward within the file as well.

You can set Firefox to open it in a new VLC player session.
I don't use IE but would think it should be possible with that too.

I'm using web interface version 1.2.8-10 , custom firmware version 3.03 (build 2368).
The VLC version 2.2.1 ActiveX plugin for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 works OK when tested against Videolan's site using a MRL for a media file on my Humax HDR Fox T2.
The ActiveX plugin fails when launched from the Humax custom firmware web interface Browse Media 'Play' button.
(I'd like to show the actual HTTP addresses, but I'm a new member subject to spam prevention measures.)
The Internet Explorer F12 Developer option 'Console' tab shows 'SCRIPT87: Could not complete the operation due to error 8070000c.' at vlc.js (388,29).
vlc.js line 388 contains 'var id = plugin.playlist.add(uri, uri, options);'.
Internet Explorer shows VLC docked; a couple of its controls do work but not its play button.
The VLC plugin for Mozilla Firefox on Linux works fine.
As the ActiveX plugin for Internet Explorer works for other web sites, I thought maybe there might be a wee bug somewhere in the custom firmware web interface but I don't understand the js (is that javascript?).
However, another explanation might be that the Videolan site uses a different methodology that circumvents some other Microsoft issue.

That sounds like useful diagnostics. I understand it is normal for web servers to have to treat IE differently from other browsers!

Back