Volume Irregularity - Horror Channel

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Anybody else noticed it? The sound level is down several notches for about 30s following advert breaks, and then recovers. I notice it in my time-shifts of TNG... Voyager... Enterprise (7pm weekdays, Horror). Annoying.

Last edited:
Not knowing you were talking about the Horror channel until I read the thread, that title made me think you were having big problems with hardware :rolleyes: .
I don't think I've ever watched that channel, so I'll leave you to it now :)

Yes, sound all over the shop on many channels. You get it right, then get blasted out of your seat by adverts. Then volume changes between reels.

Can't say I've noticed the sound problem on Enterprise. I'll see if I can remember to listen for it tonight.

It is now much worse- the program volume is permanently low so that when the ads cut in my teeth rattle!

May be that those listening on tv speakers just don't notice. Mind you, ITV has been like this for a long time.

It's been fine for years and it seems to be only Enterprise that has this problem. The ads are not significantly louder than normal sound levels on other programs.

Wednesday's Enterprise went practically inaudible after the third ad-break, but it picked up fairly quickly.

This problem seems to have vanished. I've noticed no variation in the programme volume the last several days.

However, Enterprise failed to record last night (repeated this morning on Horror, and somewhat behind in the series on Pick).

Back