Volume punch-through

I see. Well, I for one would be grateful if you could have a crack at it, if you get a chance af123!

Cheers.

Just uploaded IR 1.03 which adds an option for blocking Volume Change and Mute signals from the remote.

Could be generally useful for those who don't want their Humax volume changing at all as well as those with programmable soundbars. An alternative to the extant poweron-channel package which can reset the Humax volume on each boot.

Just uploaded IR 1.03 which adds an option for blocking Volume Change and Mute signals from the remote.
I appreciate that the new facility defeats Volume control via the Humax Remote (as BobMc wanted), but just out of interest, are the Vol up/Down buttons on the Humax front panel still operative?

Hmm, interesting one .... presumably then technically you could disable the use of various buttons, or indeed re-map them then too? e.g. ignore Menu button to stop people fiddling (yes I know can set a PIN etc.)... or make button "X" to "Y"?

Yes. There is already an option to swap the Info and List buttons (for someone who couldn't get used to a change in remotes). An arbitrary mapping might take more thinking about.

I appreciate that the new facility defeats Volume control via the Humax Remote (as BobMc wanted), but just out of interest, are the Vol up/Down buttons on the Humax front panel still operative?

Yes, volume buttons on front panel still work.

I'm concerned about interaction with the WebIF remote control. I like the idea of set-and-forget, but when playing MP4 (eg iPlayer downloads) the volume needs to come down a long way (and then restored afterwards), which I prefer to do on the Humax rather than the TV. We have tossed around the idea of reducing the sound stream volume in the file itself, but concluded it is too much effort for a routine operation. It seems implausible that the CF could detect an MP4 was about to be played and make a volume adjustment automatically, so that leaves a macro on the WebIF RC interface.

Update: I had a play and confirm volume control still operates through the WebIF, and I can define macros for MP4 volume reduction.

I would prefer not to have the mute rolled in with volume, if the phone rings I want to hit mute with the least possible fuss. Can it be on a separate disable control please?

This will be really useful for me

The number of times I've changed the volume when in the wrong mode!

Now I won't need to worry

Thanks again

Back