Wake up/Sleep periods

makem

I seem to remember Black Hole saying that I could set regular interval timers. I set a timer for wake at 0330 sleep 1330. I later added (or thought I had) other timers for 15 minute periods on the hour, 2 hours either side of the main wake/sleep.

When I checked the scheduled events via RS and the extra periods were not listed.

Is it in fact possible to have a series of timers and if so do they show in the schedule?

Yes you can and they do show up, but you can only set two through the Humax on-screen menus. Additional ones need to be set through RS via the Additional Commands section at the bottom of the list of scheduled programmes.

You're in waters I had not charted. I had presumed there was only one on-off timer in the Settings.. Preferences..Time options, and that setting reminders as manual events in the recording schedule (Guide.. Schedule.. New Reservation.. Mode: Reminder) was more-or-less unlimited. Is this not the case?

I had already used it to set up extra wake-ups and I have just tried it again. Allowing the box to reboot when idle, switches into Standby.

"May" being the operative word. No, not tried it (not sitting in front of it to try it), but the HD-FOX does have limitations which might be expected to interfere.

The essence of the Forum is the sharing of knowledge; I am prompting that sharing and scrutinising the responses as a catalyst.

Yes you can and they do show up, but you can only set two through the Humax on-screen menus. Additional ones need to be set through RS via the Additional Commands section at the bottom of the list of scheduled programmes.

I set these last night and after a reboot via RS the only one which showed in the schedule was the main one along with the auto 0430 one, hence the question. However, this morning all are now showing. Thank you.

Are you saying it doesn't happen with the HDR? Or haven't you tried it yet?
OK, I've tried it (HDR-FOX): I had my original daily EPG-update reminder 0600-0620, I added reminders 0630-0640 and 0700-0715. All are happily coexisting in my recording schedule. So what's the problem?

My problem, as you call it, is that scheduling a reboot after setting a wake-up from rs does not actually reboot in the sense that the box doesn't come back on. It switches into standby. End of session, as I don't have a way of remotely switching back on. Not so much a problem as an observation.
Reminders are something different.
I have also noticed that if I am using the Humax to watch HiDef (my TV is SD only) and have switched on before a wake-up is due, the scheduled switch off overrides a manual switch on. Remedy: Don't set a wake-up during normal viewing times.

I was referring to this problem:
Yes you can and they do show up, but you can only set two through the Humax on-screen menus.

There is only one power on / power off timer, and I have tested setting three reminder wake-ups (I have no reason to believe there is a specific limit), so I am extremely curious as to what the above refers.

Bump:

Is it in fact possible to have a series of timers and if so do they show in the schedule?

I have a regular wake-up scheduled for 6am (ish) for my EPG update, and I went on two schedule two more daily wake-ups using the SUI, which remained in effect for several weeks (because I forgot about them). What's this business "can only set two through the Humax on-screen menus"?

Back