Warranty returns and Firmware download problems

crazyfeet

I have been in position of a HDR Fox T2 Freeview PVR since April of this year. I've installed the custom firmware Ver 3.3.74 and everything has worked for a few a while. I've recently started seeing the PVR crashing and not working correctly. The main issues being unable to always see content on the hard disk after pressing the media button on my remote control. On top of this I am occastionally am unable to access the web interface. The diagnostics show disk problems. I have a few questions I would like answers to :

(1) I bought this as a refurbish PVR through Humax Direct and the system is still under Warranty repair. What is the policy for warranty void if I have installed custom firmware ?

(2) I've tried downgrading to the 'official version' and this still shows the custom firmware version. Question is how do I revert back to official version if I need to send back for warranty repair ?

(3) I've tried doing the move copy from the opt+ options of existing files from PVR to USB device. The copy starts but does not complete i.e. it still is copying a 1 hour file 3 hours later ! Does anyone know any way I could transfer these files safely before I attempt a disk format ?

(4) The links for the google docs web site for your custom firmware downloads show as not accessible at this moment in time . hy is this hppening and how do I get access please ?

Crazyfeet

I've installed the custom firmware Ver 3.3.74
What the heck does this mean? This is not a version number I recognise.

I've recently started seeing the PVR crashing and not working correctly.
Have you tried crash recovery? See Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

I bought this as a refurbish PVR through Humax Direct and the system is still under Warranty repair. What is the policy for warranty void if I have installed custom firmware ?
You ought to try to remove CF before sending it back.

I've tried downgrading to the 'official version' and this still shows the custom firmware version. Question is how do I revert back to official version if I need to send back for warranty repair ?
Do you still have access to the WebIF? If so, go to the diagnostics page and use the RMA tool. You will then have to install a standard firmware to complete the removal.

I've tried doing the move copy from the opt+ options of existing files from PVR to USB device. The copy starts but does not complete i.e. it still is copying a 1 hour file 3 hours later ! Does anyone know any way I could transfer these files safely before I attempt a disk format ?
What you should be doing is using the custom firmware to try to repair the disk structure. See Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click)

The links for the google docs web site for your custom firmware downloads show as not accessible at this moment in time . hy is this hppening and how do I get access please ?
The service has been suspended by Google because of excess traffic. We are awaiting a resolution.

Back