watch video from hdr on android tablet

P

Pete Simons

does anyone know how to watch the recorded video on an android tablet. with the new software i can see the fox hdr box and navigate to the video folders and files but whichever app i use can't recognise the file format. is this because it is encrypted? any ideas.

Most likely, try copying a SD file to usb and then back to the internal hdd (this removes the encryption) . If you can view them then using Foxy you should be able to do the same with HD content. The hdr will stream to a HD presumably because it passes the recording encryption key.

does anyone know how to watch the recorded video on an android tablet. with the new software i can see the fox hdr box and navigate to the video folders and files but whichever app i use can't recognise the file format. is this because it is encrypted? any ideas.

I have had no problems with SD programs, but had to find an app that worked, and that turned out to be VPlayer. It will happily play the .ts files on the Hummy.

If you have installed the Twonky streamer on your Hummy, then I can recommend UPnPlay to stream videos to your Android tablet. I think it needs at least v2.2 though as it worked on my Galaxy Tab but not on my v2.1 Sony Ericsson Android phone.

I have a not very serious video here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RDFWUEARXIXWP/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Thanks for the advice. I used Skifta as the dlna client and then chose Vplayer and worked fine. Don,t get HD till Sept so will try that then.

Back