Watching one channel – Recording another

pannacotta

Hi,
I would be grateful for some clarification on this as I’m not confident with the “advice” from the sales staff at Comet/Currys and the like.
I currently have Sky Freesat, with the box connected by a single cable to a dish.
If I connect a Humax Foxsat HDR 500 to my dish with the single cable, will I be able to watch one channel while recording another one or can I only record the channel I’m watching?
I realise recording 2 channels simultaneously is out (unless I adapt the dish) but I’m not bothered about this aspect.
Thanks

The foxsat-hdr has a tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in loop capability (you just need a short coax with f plugs on each end). This means you can record two at once and even watch some third channels while recording two. What you can record/watch using the second tuner depends on which channel tuner 1 is recording. For most channels a little less than 50% of the total channel count can be viewed/recorded. For instance if you have a postcode that gives you ITV1 - HD Granada on the epg you can.

Record both BBC-HD and BBC1 - HD at the same time. You can also watch ITV1-HD and live pause it as well.

Okay thanks, so if I understand what you're saying, if I connect the LBN 1 OUT to LBN 2 IN, this will allow me to watch one channel and record some others...but it will depend what the channels are.

Okay thanks, so if I understand what you're saying, if I connect the LBN 1 OUT to LBN 2 IN, this will allow me to watch one channel and record some others...but it will depend what the channels are.

You can record two (you can watch them as well as record them and also watch some third channels). The box won't let you set two recordings you can't record. When recording two the list button shows you which third channels (unavailable ones are greyed out) you can watch and the programme up/down button cycles through them.

You can watch a recording whatever the tuners are doing including any ongoing one (chasing playback)

Back