web browser / iptv

basicfags

hi everyone, this may be a daft question but, am i missing something. i cant seem to find a web browser on my hdr fox t2 anywhere. i got all the latest updates and have flashed it up with the customized firmware but cant find a browser anywhere.

i'm trying to watch live hd footy streams from tinternet and obviously it only works whithin a browser. any help would be much appreciated.

It doesn't have one, nor the processing power needed to render modern web streams or an input method to take keyboard commands.

There has been some mention of relaying football streams to the Humax in the past, I will have a dig around.

thanx for the prompt reply. i've got 4 devices connected to the internet (hummy, wd tv, sat receiver and a ps3) and only the ps3 will play a stream, not to well mind. didn't realise a browser used so much resource.

The TV Portal is a browser, but it is a custom version of Opera for the TV, so no mouse/cursor support AFAIK.
Web pages have to be specially built for it to support the remote control button presses.

From what I remember (its been a while) the custom portal has an option somewhere to type in a stream address using an attached keyboard, but it will have to be a stream that the box can support such as .MP4.

You will probably be best off streaming it on your PS3 or a PC/Laptop. Much easier and it comes with a cursor lol.
The HDR isnt really designed for IPTV/internet streaming other than by using the built in apps for iPlayer & YouTube.

Back