Web-connected TV on HDR-FOX T2?

MRN1

Hi Hummy.tv people,

I've just purchased my HDR-FOX T2.

Apart from the basic TV functions (watching and recording) I absolutely love the Internet Radio app on TV Portal.

Having said all that, I've been trying to access the Internet-supported channels (extra channels on 4 Music, Channelbox, Vision TV etc.) and - what a bummer - they do not work!
Is there anything I can do in order to make them available through this otherwise decent machine?

Is there anything I can do in order to make them available through this otherwise decent machine?
No. The HDR-FOX does not have the capability for IPTV services and never has (despite them being included in the Freeview channel list). I'm not sure which models will do that (if any).

Also, if you want to use BBC iPlayer from the TV Portal you will need to install firmware 1.03.13 downloadable from the Humax product support web page, or install our custom firmware.

I've been trying to access the Internet-supported channels (extra channels on 4 Music, Channelbox, Vision TV etc.) and - what a bummer - they do not work!
My access to the extra 4music channels, (on a non-Humax freeview recorder), became unavailable earlier this year a day or 2 after I read somewhere that 4music extra channels were ceasing.

I'm not sure which models will do that (if any).
And even if there is model there is a risk that it won't be able to receive a current MHEG channel if that channel then went solely HbbTV.

...and I remain to be convinced that lack of access to IPTV makes the HDR-FOX an "otherwise decent machine".

You have to remember the HDR FOX T2 is an Old box that was originally designed about 15 years and it internet support has always been one of it weakest points.
You will notice that there is no support in the portal for ITV hub, All 4 and most other catch up systems, BBC iPlayer suffers from outdated certificates (though a fix is now available)

The real strength of the HDR FOX T2 , that makes it sought after on eBay, is the strength of the customised firmware that makes it far more than an "otherwise decent machine"

See https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview

You can schedule and manage recordings from anywhere in the world without disturbing those watching the TV.
Among the installable package is detectads which can remove the ads from programmes whilst it is being recorded.
There is also youtube-dl which allows downloading of material from iPlayer, youtube and other sites.

So, what can I get from "customised firmware"?
A dustbin to hold deleted files just in case with a full delete after x days, disk fixing tools, share a drive on another Windows or Linux machine, write to an NTFS drive, decrypt recorded programmes including HD automatically, control the fan speed and its temperature thresholds, control how the front panel display behaves and what it displays, backup the recording schedule and restore it after a retune and many more, plus a web interface to control it all.

Back