Web-if broken?

Hi all,

I don't use the web-if very much. But it very useful for a spring clean. I logged in as usual, to be met with the usual banner (attached) and just 'loading...' it does nothing after this.

I tried to re-install the web-if via telnet, but I get an error message (attached).

Any advice on getting this working would be much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 10.32.15.png Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 10.32.31.png

I can't see anything too worrying in that Telnet session - the favicon stuff is normal. However, if the OP only uses it occasionally he may be missing all sorts of updates.

Last edited:
I can't see anything too worrying in that Telnet session - the favicon stuff is normal. However, if the OP only uses it occasionally he may be missing all sorts of updates.
The webif being installed is 1.4.1-4 rather than the latest 1.4.2-6 so it would be worth issuing via telnet
Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

Thanks all.

Long disk check passed without error.

opkg update
opkg update run

still stuck at Loading...

Are there further things I could try?

Did you do the opkg upgrade ?
Update just refreshes the package list, Upgrade installs the ones which have changed

If that doesn't work post the results of
Code:
cat /var/log/webif-error.log

It appears your Settings database table is corrupt/missing
So you could try
Code:
mv /mod/etc/webif.db /mod/etc/webifOld.db
Hopefully it will be recreated properly on first use but it may require a reboot, any pre-existing webif settings will be lost

It appears your Settings database table is corrupt/missing
So you could try
Code:
mv /mod/etc/webif.db /mod/etc/webifOld.db
Hopefully it will be recreated properly on first use but it may require a reboot, any pre-existing webif settings will be lost

Success! Many thanks. All working perfectly :thumbsup::thumbsup:

After a bit of a nightmare day this thread has helped me.
This morning I got the "delete" loop, so casually telnetted with putty to
mnt
hd1
removing filebglastop.dat

which did NOT remove the delete loop!! (It has always worked every single time over the past few years)

Panic. Fixdisk. Fixdisk again after a hang three hours later.
Fixdisk again after a one hour hang on fixing cloned somethings on that crummy film last night, Pyramid. Probably not worth watching anyway.

After that the delete loop was gone, Humax working as normal, so I went to WEBIF to check decrypted files for FTP transfer and WEBIF only patially loaded with the grey top bar and nothing else.

Telnetted to opkg update and opkg upgrade, rebooted, and WEBIF is back thank you Mymsman and others.

Now maybe shop for a WD RED as this Purple I thought was stable as anything but is maybe not to reliable ... :(

Please reply with any advice.

Back