Web If gone! need to get it back.

lstar337

So my Web If was acting strange, it would not remove any packages, or add any packages.

So I was trying to get it working, but now the whole thing seems to have gone.

Now when I navigate to the ip address I juat get a white page with a directory structure on it.

I tried restoring the firmware (even going back to the humax one first) hoping that would bring it back, but it hasn't.

Now I'm stuck!

Can anybody help?

Thanks BO, but that hasn't brought it back. Still just got a white page with 'Index of' written above a directory structure.

Interestingly, a new drive I have formatted and put in as part of an upgrade allows me to use the Web If perfectly, but putting in the old drive makes it stop again.

I'm guessing you have a HD-Fox T2 rather than a HDR-Fox T2, If so the Web-If is held on the USB Hard Disk drive, When you formatted the new drive the Humax 'registered' as the place the Web-If resides. If you are using an HDR-fox T2 the same rule applies e.g. the internal Hard Disk is where some of Web-If resides, so it can't be 'registered' to two Hard disks

Telnet in and do a force re-install of the web interface - you're getting the directory structure so Mongoose is running:

Code:
humax# opkg install webif --force-reinstall

Telnet in and do a force re-install of the web interface - you're getting the directory structure so Mongoose is running:

Code:
humax# opkg install webif --force-reinstall
fantastic! that has brought it all back! Thank you.

Back