Web if install

andyq

just installed the custom firmware 1.02.32 and i'm trying to install webif. it's been stuck on JIM-BINARY_0.75 for 15 mins now. is this normal and will i damage anything if i abort. i'm on Virgin 30mb and surfing the web ok.

I take it you mean the second stage Internet install?

No damage will be done as such, but you might need to go to the Telnet command line to sort it out.

just got onto the box with internet explorer and pressed install webif. chrome wouldn't connect, can't remember what it said. how long should this take?
edit1: internet explorer now says cannot display this page, what next

edit2: reconnected and got the custom firmware sucesfully installed and again pressed the install full web interface and got this message.

Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Error retrieving package list from the Internet. Please check your connection
and try again

i've rebooted everything PC, Router, Humax andi'm trying again. chrome took 3 attempts to connect. currently stuck on "Installing trm"

sorted it. human error. won't bore you with the full details but i ended up with the humax on the same IP as my swann cctv. i gave myself the clue when i stated chrome took 3 attempts to connect. its amazing how quickly a problem is solved my leaving it alone for a while, in my case lunch. do i need telnet or is that for the experts?

Back