Web-IF not loading

I don't know what you were looking at, but there is only 1 line required in this post: https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/137914
You need to do it from the command line.
Tried that but got same result re the libcrypto error.

I have now attempted the fix from https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/pause-on-live-tv-no-longer-works.9805/page-4#post-144115
However got a bit stuck as point 5 says:
5. Access the HDR-FOX's IP address from a web browser – the option should be available to re-install CF.

but I get this in the browser:

This system is in Return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode. The custom firmware is still present in flash but components that were on the hard disk have been removed.
Install a standard Humax firmware file to complete the removal of all traces of the custom firmware.
If you change your mind, you can clear RMA mode via the telnet menu.

Not sure what I do next to reinstall CF.

Last edited:
5. Access the HDR-FOX's IP address from a web browser – the option should be available to re-install CF.

but I get this:

This system is in Return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode. The custom firmware is still present in flash but components that were on the hard disk have been removed.
Install a standard Humax firmware file to complete the removal of all traces of the custom firmware.
If you change your mind, you can clear RMA mode via the telnet menu.

Not sure what I do next to reinstall CF.
Go back to step 4 and then reboot. Carry on with step 5.

The problem is you're still in RMA mode. Did you do this?:

Yes, and I get this:

Please select option: reset​
If you proceed, all custom firmware packages and settings will be​
cleared on the next boot, restoring the custom firmware environment​
to an out-of-box configuration. The initial installation web​
interface will be available to complete installation of the​
full web interface and supporting packages.​
Are you sure you wish to clear all packages and settings? [Y/N] y​
touch: /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/_RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT: No such file or directory​
Reset initiated, restart box to complete the process.​
Press return to continue:​

Unfortunately I'm assuming the missing _RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT is not good?

Yes, and I get this:

Please select option: reset​
If you proceed, all custom firmware packages and settings will be​
cleared on the next boot, restoring the custom firmware environment​
to an out-of-box configuration. The initial installation web​
interface will be available to complete installation of the​
full web interface and supporting packages.​
Are you sure you wish to clear all packages and settings? [Y/N] y​
touch: /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/_RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT: No such file or directory​
Reset initiated, restart box to complete the process.​
Press return to continue:​

Unfortunately I'm assuming the missing _RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT is not good?

Okay, I got confused between 'reset' option and resetting RMA, i.e. disabling RMA mode. So once I disabled RMA mode I was able to start the downloading and installing of web interface. It has reinstalled but have now got message re hardware problems.

Okay, I got confused between 'reset' option and resetting RMA, i.e. disabling RMA mode. So once I disabled RMA mode I was able to start the downloading and installing of web interface. It has reinstalled but have now got message re hardware problems.
Any particular hardware problems? If it's about the hard drive, just acknowledge it.
If it's anything else, a bit more info will be helpful.

It has reinstalled but have now got message re hardware problems.
The alert is triggered by a change of the key SMART details compared to the previously stored details. As you have gone from nothing to something that's a change!

Any particular hardware problems? If it's about the hard drive, just acknowledge it.
If it's anything else, a bit more info will be helpful.
It was just about the hard drive and I acknowledged it, so maybe okay I hope.

The alert is triggered by a change of the key SMART details compared to the previously stored details. As you have gone from nothing to something that's a change!
Okay, that seems good. I'm considering running fixdisk to see if there are any issues.

That ought to be possible. It was hard to imagine that the routine in settings.class would be presented with a valid DB that didn't contain the required table.

For instance, like this:
Code:
settings _create
I couldn't get this to work until I replaced it with {settings _create}. Is that what you expect?
It seems the height of stupidity to me to call class names the same as instance variables the same as procedures (with spaces in them just for added confusion and annoyance). No wonder Jim is so frustrating to read and write. Or maybe it's just the way it's been done in this environment. I never seem to know what it is I'm operating on without loads of trial and error - dollar, curly braces, both, neither. Maybe I'll just stick to (compiled) C++ with Intellisense - it's a whole lot easier.

I couldn't get this to work until I replaced it with {settings _create}. Is that what you expect?

No, that's just a string. If it doesn't work as written there's some nonsense going on in the proc code. I suppose class settings needs to have been defined first, but I don't have the whole code to hand today. See the successful syntax for proc {settings _safer_query}.

Regarding the proc {className functionName} syntax, see the section about class methods in http://jim.tcl.tk/index.html/doc/www/www/documentation/oo/.

I suppose class settings needs to have been defined first
It does. I moved the proc stuff down, but neglected to move the inline code as well. Should have moved the class definition up, which is what I've done.
I also loathe inline stuff mixed in with proc and method definitions, so moved it to the end, where you can find it.
See the successful syntax for proc {settings _safer_query}.
I did look at that but couldn't see anything different about it, apart from the placement.
Regarding the proc {className functionName} syntax, see the section about class methods in http://jim.tcl.tk/index.html/doc/www/www/documentation/oo/.
That helped a bit. I was wondering about class methods/members but didn't really know where to look.

Working now.

I still think it's stupid coding stuff like this though: set settings [settings]
That's from diag/diskack.jim

Back