Web-if not working in standby

minesh

I was wondering if you can help me.

When I first installed the custom firmware i could access Web-if when the box was in standby. for some reason is no longer working. Does any one know what I can do fixed this?

I have tried going back to normal firmware. Then reinstalling custom firmware and web-if but no luck so far.

Thanks

You can't access the Web-If when the Humax is in standby because most of the unit is off, however you can access it when it appears to be in standby e.g. when it is :-

Still powering down, this can take 30 seconds or so
When it is recording from standby (this is not really standby, but there is no TV output)
When waiting to record from standby (15 Mins. beforehand with Accurate Recording)
When the Humax is 'Half Awake'

The only time it will work in standby is when it is waiting to record, and when it is recording.

Edit: Ezra's post has been comprehensively updated since I posted the above.;)

Oh ok i get it now. Thanks guys. it

Another question if you don't mine. If i want the record a program when am away. do I have to use RS?

If you want to enter a new scheduled recording while you are away from home the simple answer is yes, the request is stored on the RS server and downloaded to your Humax the next time it wakes up (to record or look for new software at 4:30am). It is possible to remotely contact your Humax via the internet but your Humax must be out of standby before you contact it, you would also need port forwarding set-up on your router and a fixed IP address, there is also a potential security risk in opening up access to your Humax, so not many users use this method

It is of course perfectly possible to use a dynamic address with one of the dynamic DNS services so a static IP address is not required.
If you set up the Dropbear SSH service on your Humax with a secure public/private key pair and disable password-only authentication, then it is secure enough to expose to the world (it's also a good idea to change the standard SSH port to something else as it cuts down the annoying probes).

When I first installed the custom firmware i could access Web-if when the box was in standby. for some reason is no longer working. Does any one know what I can do fixed this?
The webif has never been accessible when the box is properly in standby.
If I disable power saving mode. Would Web-if work then?
No! It will still only work as described in Ezra's post #2.

Back