Web if not working- No access to files over network

Lately i noticed i cannot connect to my box, the webif comes up not found. I downloaded the latest CFW yesterday as i thought this might help but it hasnt.
Any ideas what i can do to check or correct?

Check you are still trying to access the correct IP address: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN

You may have inadvertently disabled the web server. Can you run the service command from a telnet connection? Mongoose is the web server and should be set to auto-start.

Oh now you are getting all techy on me....
Is there now way i can do some kind of fresh install? I havent a clue how to do that

Please get to know Telnet. Details in the Wiki HERE (click). Telnet is important for fixing things, sometimes even things which don't improve with a re-install.

You will (presuming the CF is up to date) see a prompt for your PIN on connection (the PIN you have set for your Humax - default is "0000"). You will get a menu. Select "cli", and then you get to a command prompt for the Linux console (much like using the cmd console in Windows, or the old MS-DOS command line if you are old enough to remember pre-Windows).

Type "service" and you will get a list of CF services, which should include mongoose. It should be set to "auto", if not type "service auto mongoose" to make it so.

You will get a menu. Select "cli", and then you get to a command prompt for the Linux console (much like using the cmd console in Windows, or the old MS-DOS command line if you are old enough to remember pre-Windows).

Type "service" and you will get a list of CF services, which should include mongoose. It should be set to "auto", if not type "service auto mongoose" to make it so.
Alternatively, if at the menu you see the option 'web - Reinstate web interface service.', then choose that. Note that it only appears if the web server has been disabled.

Thanks guys. I went into telnet. The mongoose was already set to auto but i redid it, and restarted the wifi just in case. Still not sure why it went wrong but appears to be working now. Will keep an eye on it.

Back