Web-If Shrunk Icon - cropped files

MontysEvilTwin

I've recently cropped some files and I noticed that these don't display the shrunk icon in Web-If. If I then try and shrink a cropped file, I get a message saying that the recording has already been stripped. Files I cropped a few months ago do show the icon. Anyone else noticed this?

The Stripts package (used in shrink) that is called up from the crop package was updated two days ago from ver. 1.2.1 to ver 1.2.2, which version is your Humax running?
Check with We-If >> Package Management >> Installed >> Stripts

Hi, I'm on version 1.2.2: I have the auto-update package installed. I have had the same results on both a HDR (1.02.32) and a HD (1.02.29) both with CFW 2.18. I think it is working, the cropped recordings seem to have been shrunk, but the icon is not being displayed.

You're right, Nicesplice (which does the cropping) strips too but it won't set the flag in the recording that indicates it's stripped. I'll have to find a way to work around that.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Thanks for the quick reply. At least its not just me then! Cropped files used to get flagged as shrunk in the past. Is it just a broken link somewhere in the package or is it due to changes in the way the Nicesplice package works?

It's due to the way the shrunk icon is handled with recent webif versions. Previously it used to analyse each file in the directory to populate the icons which was slow. There is a way to get it to scan through and fix any missing shrunk flags but I'm travelling at the moment so can't easily look it up.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

If you run the fix-shrunk diagnostic then it will scan your recordings and fix the shrunk flags in any which have been cropped. The next version of the web interface will set this flag automatically when cropping which will solve it for most people in the short term. I'll ask Drutt (the author of nicesplice) if he can make nicesplice set the flag automatically (the flag didn't exist when nicesplice was written).

If you run the fix-shrunk diagnostic then it will scan your recordings and fix the shrunk flags in any which have been cropped. The next version of the web interface will set this flag automatically when cropping which will solve it for most people in the short term. I'll ask Drutt (the author of nicesplice) if he can make nicesplice set the flag automatically (the flag didn't exist when nicesplice was written).

webif cropping creates shrunk flags - but the shrinking achieved via on-TV 'nicesplice magic folders' (cropping or joining) still doesn't generate a shrunk flag. This isn't vital or essential of course, but it would just be neater if it did!

Manually running the fix-shrunk diagnostic solves the problem for any files on the HDR - but even with mvdisks installed the fix doesn't work on files on USB attached disks.

So I ask too: Please would it be possible to make the fix-shrunk diagnostic run on an external drive?

Try the fix-shrunk-all diagnostic which I've just uploaded.
@Drutt would be the person to fix nicesplice to automatically set the shrunk flag on processed recordings.

Try the fix-shrunk-all diagnostic which I've just uploaded.

Thank you! I wasn't expecting such a quick response.

Tried fix-shrunk-all. It scanned all the top-level directories, including the attached drive (which is under My Video via mvdisks)

... Scanning directory (/media/My Video/usb-drive1) ....

but didn't go any further down into the directory hierarchy, and didn't get to the files with missing flags.

No worries ... as MontysEvilTwin said above - this isn't urgent!

@Drutt would be the person to fix nicesplice to automatically set the shrunk flag on processed recordings.

I'll inquire @Drutt.

Sounds easy to update - af123 just let me know the details of the flag and I'll look into it...

Nicesplice 1.6 uploaded, which should set the shrunk flag if it was asked to shrink (the default).
Thank you Drutt!

Downloaded 1.6 last night.
Moved bookmarked unshrunk file into [edit]/cut folder, nicesplice worked its magic on the folders, and cropped shrunk file appeared in [edit]/cut/done - WITH a shrunk icon. Yay! Tested and working perfectly. :D

Cheers!

Tried fix-shrunk-all. It scanned all the top-level directories, including the attached drive (which is under My Video via mvdisks)

... Scanning directory (/media/My Video/usb-drive1) ....

but didn't go any further down into the directory hierarchy, and didn't get to the files with missing flags.
Is this working yet for folders in USB drives?

I've tried running the 'fix-shrunk-all' diagnostic on 2 HDRs, with different USB hard drives connected. I am on 1.03.12/ 2.23 FW/ CFW, and I updated all installed packages. It happily scans '/media/My Video' and sub-folders, including folders with square-bracketed names, but does not scan the USB drives. Unlike DelftBlue, I don't have the 'mvdisks' package installed as I don't want the drives mounted under '/My Video'. I guess this is why it is not working?

I don't have the 'mvdisks' package installed as I don't want the drives mounted under '/My Video'. I guess this is why it is not working?

Probably.
You could install mvdisks, run fix-shrunk-all as a one-off fix, then uninstall mvdisks.
But be aware that auto-processing might set to work on your usb-disk - so if that would be a problem, put some [ ] around the folders there.

Back