Web Interface Error

Teg

Not sure which version of the Web Interface I am on. I am using custom firmware 3.13. I can only see the top banner including the current storage status pie chart. Nothing else loads. Is there a way to restart the web service from the command line.

Any help greatly appreciated.

This can also be is usually due to a disk problem so I recommend running the disk repair utility in maintenance mode. Since the web interface isn't working, you'll need to use the telnet menu to enter maintenance mode and run the check.

This can also be is usually due to a disk problem so I recommend running the disk repair utility in maintenance mode. Since the web interface isn't working, you'll need to use the telnet menu to enter maintenance mode and run the check.

Ran fix disk but still not working. Attempted to re-install web interface but got the following errors (see attachment)

Attachments

• screencapture.png
    screencapture.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 25
Try running this from the command line:

Code:
opkg install jim-xconv --force-reinstall

Ran this command successfully but still even after reboot - only see top banner on the web interface.

Just grasping at straws. Cleared your browser cache? Tried a different browser?

Tried all the above, still the same result. Is the best option to remove custom firmware and start from scratch?

Possibly, but first you need the help of one of the experts as I suspect if you do the same thing again it will probably produce the same result.
As I said, I was grasping at straws as I have had probs with my browser cache on the CF in the past.

Yep - but I will try again to see if I can get it to work as there was a gap (reboot) between the two commands being entered.

Still not change. Any experts out there can advise on best thing to do? Can I just install 3.13 over the top and get the firmware to download the web interface a fresh?

Any suggestions? Shall I just load the latest Custom Firmware on top again? Any help greatly appreciated.

In the absence of other replies, if you want to be sure of a complete fresh installation you need to go into the Telnet menu and select the "rma" option, then reflash the firmware (with the latest CF if you like). Then everything will reinstall fresh.

Thanks Black Hole! That worked a treat! Web Interface back working. I do notice some disk errors though so will run a full disk check over night.

Try running this from the command line:

Code:
opkg install jim-xconv --force-reinstall
The strange xconv log entries when installing Webif persist.

In a recent thread, xconv error log entries similar to those from 2017 are shown in an installation from scratch after the correct versions of jim-xconv and libxconv have just been listed as downloaded and configured, which is also my recollection. In another recent thread the entries follow from require system.class in /mod/sbin/autoschedule.

Back