Web interface problem

Hi I’ve just installed the latest custom software which installed fine but when I try to access the web interface it says internal server error 505? Any ideas please?

have you re-booted (power cycled), the Humax, since installing the custom Firmware?, if not I would do that first, then check the IP address of your Humax and the computer running your browser are in the same group e.g. both on say 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is 001 to 255, but not the same number

Thanks I did. However I’ve just seen elsewhere in this forum, so tried fixweb via telenet so tried that and it worked! It’s back 😊

check the IP address of your Humax and the computer running your browser are in the same group e.g. both on say 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is 001 to 255
How is that relevant to a 500 error from the web server?
And you mean 254 not 255 (assuming a /24 network).
In any case, who says the PC and Humax have to be on the same network?
The PC I'm currently using is on 192.168.A.B whereas my Humax is on 192.168.C.D (where A is not equal to C).

The PC I'm currently using is on 192.168.A.B whereas my Humax is on 192.168.C.D (where A is not equal to C).
And your PC communicates with your Humax? I've never managed to get that to work. I take it your subnet mask is something other than 255.255.255.0?

I take it your subnet mask is something other than 255.255.255.0?
If that were the case then they would, by definition, be on the same network. If they're on different networks you need something that will route between them.
In any case, who says the PC and Humax have to be on the same network?
Obviously they don't, but it's not unreasonable to initially assume that users have a simple flat network and an ISP router.

And your PC communicates with your Humax?
Of course it does.
I've never managed to get that to work. I take it your subnet mask is something other than 255.255.255.0?
It is actually (255.255.255.128), but it doesn't need to be.
It all depends how you choose to subnet (and having a router between the networks (in the proper sense of a router, not the one most people misuse)).
In this case there are several routers involved (including those in the wider internet), as it's a tunnel via a pair of ADSLs.

It's a pity you couldn't find the time to answer the OPs question yourself instead of putting your efforts into nit-picking again
Maybe I have more pressing matters than answering someone's posts within about an hour. Picking nits is what gets bugs out of systems and software, which people like you seem all too keen to take advantage of. I certainly won't apologise to the likes of you for your random (and often wrong) 'advice'.
Anyway, seems like he worked it out for himself.

Back