[webif] 1.3.3 (beta)

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm almost ready to release webif version 1.3.3 but there are a number of upgrades to underlying components in this one so I'm making it available as a beta first in case of problems.

The updated components are:
  • Jim Tcl 0.76 -> 0.77*;
  • SQLite3 -3.11.0 > 3.15.1;
  • JQuery 1.12.3 -> 1.12.4**;
  • JQuery UI 1.11.4 -> 1.12.1.
* - One of the nice new features in 0.77 is tab completion on the command line. Useful for us developer types anyway. The built-in file locking is now implemented differently too. I originally modified 0.76 to add locking myself and submitted it for inclusion in upstream Jim. After a bit of back-and-forth it was accepted but in a slightly different form - https://github.com/msteveb/jimtcl/commit/dc7c2751eb01e8aa37740ce494e2857ce11b5ad3

** - In the future it would be nice to upgrade to JQuery 3. The main reason I haven't yet is that version does not support older browsers, in particular IE < 9 - would that be a problem for anyone?

Please give a whirl and let me know if you see any problems. I plan to move it over to the main repository next weekend.

To access it, install the new opkg-beta package and then check for package updates again. You should then see four packages available for upgrade, webif, jim, jim-oo and sqlite3. Install them in the normal way.

Thanks

after installing opkg-beta:
Code:
 opkg update
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Thanks - I'm not expecting any issues but getting wider exposure makes sense.

Seems to be working well and it is my impression that the webif is faster than before

One minor regression is that the status command and display is not showing Recording for a program that is being ad detected in Chaserun mode
I expected to see a recording entry for The Chase.
Code:
status
Detecting adverts in The Chase/New_ The Chase_20161121_1659
Chaseget decrypting /mod/tmp/New_ The Chase_20161121_1659-inp
Recording Pointless/Pointless_20161121_1714
Watching 1: BBC ONE South - Pointless (17:15 - 18:00) [10%]
Idle: 00:23:54

Seems to be working well and it is my impression that the webif is faster than before

One minor regression is that the status command and display is not showing Recording for a program that is being ad detected in Chaserun mode
I don't think it's a regression (i.e. there are no code differences between the two versions) but it is probably detecting that it is being chase-played.. I'll update the test for the next version.

I concur with what Myms said above. Only indicating that AD is doing its stuff, but much more informative than the 'Playing' that was what was indicated.

@Myms. Would you expect a 'Recording' and the AD detection then?

Is it just me, or are the yellow buttons in the web interface smaller in this version?

Is it just me, or are the yellow buttons in the web interface smaller in this version?
They have definitely changed. I had to adjust the padding for the new jquery UI version. Try clearing your browser cache in case it is still using the old setting.

I don't think it's a regression (i.e. there are no code differences between the two versions) but it is probably detecting that it is being chase-played.. I'll update the test for the next version.
Bizarre, I tried another recording and it did show the recording icon as expected even when chaseget was reading the recording via DLNA.
Code:
Recording Channel 4 News_20161121_1944
Detecting adverts in Channel 4 News_20161121_1944
Chaseget decrypting /mod/tmp/Channel 4 News_20161121_1944-inp
Watching 1: BBC ONE South - Fake Britain (19:30 - 20:00) [61%]
Will record 'University Challenge' on BBC TWO at 20:00
Idle: 01:20:13
So I have no idea what the difference is between the two occurrences

I concur with what Myms said above. Only indicating that AD is doing its stuff, but much more informative than the 'Playing' that was what was indicated.

@Myms. Would you expect a 'Recording' and the AD detection then?
Yes, it was one of the changes that af123 made while we were testing the new status updates and it does work sometimes

They have definitely changed. I had to adjust the padding for the new jquery UI version. Try clearing your browser cache in case it is still using the old setting.
The buttons remain the same after clearing my cache.

my impression that the webif is faster than before
Yes. A full EPG has gone from 14.6s to 13.5s on my very scientific sample of 1 attempt on each.

The EPG page still has the double footer timings I've mentioned before.

Most of mine seem to be the same size. They are slightly bigger on the Diagnostics page.

Here is a couple of photos showing the difference in web interface buttons.

IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0026.JPG

Back