WebIf - alternative styling ideas

page3

I love the functionality of the web interface, but just cannot get to love the look! I find the EPG especially difficult for my eyes to pick out what I want.

Anyway, I've been tinkering with the CSS for half and hour, and have come up with the following:

epg.jpg

Only for my own use, and I really need to change the HTML and put in some more classes and containers to achieve what I want. There is only so far I can go with altering CSS.

I've no idea if anyone would like (want?) this sort of change, but I thought I'd share if only to start a discussion :)

I'm not keen on the Grid view it is too busy for my eyes.

Have you tried the individual channel view by clicking on the channel name and going through the week?

I'm not keen on the Grid view it is too busy for my eyes.

Have you tried the individual channel view by clicking on the channel name and going through the week?

I agree that's quite a nice view, but again I want to neaten it up, get more to fit without my eye having to scan around so much and make the tables less 'defined'. I'd also want to be able to switch between channels from this view, without having to go back.

Perhaps I'll tinker with that too, although I need to find the html for what is in my head.

Wish we could edit/move posts as in hindsight I'd have rather given this one a better (i.e.: more clear) title or put it in the WebIf thread. Oh well, you live and learn.

Wish we could edit/move posts as in hindsight I'd have rather given this one a better (i.e.: more clear) title or put it in the WebIf thread. Oh well, you live and learn.
Give me the details, and I shall change your thread title, or move these posts to your preferred thread.

Thanks Brian, I had forgotten what a friendly forum this is :)

If the title could be changed to "WebIf - alternative styling ideas" I would be most grateful.

A feature I would like is the ability to show only certain channels, or condense them down so that I could see radio and TV in one.

Eg BBC1, BBC2, Radio4, Radio4 Extra

If you set up a favourites list on the Humax, the Web-If >> EPG can display only the programmes you pick, in the order you have set, like this :-

webif-epg-grid.png

Here is the Web-If >> Settings >> EPG Settings page

epg-settings.png

Back