WebIf always saying no disk space

Do you have a specific reason for running such out-of-date firmware?
It's my parents Humax.
It seems to work OK (bar the usual odd hangup and rare setup reset)
Its EPG starts and navigates noticeable quicker
The don't use the TV Portal
nor do I, as I find it very slow and unstable, BBC iPlayer stream start crashed my Humax4, when I recently checked it.
(note: I have new-portal & ipfix installed)
I need to do a BBC3/4 HD test recording, as I looks as though they never have.

P.S. Is there a way of disabling or re-assigning the TV Portal button?

I find it very slow and unstable, BBC iPlayer stream start crashed my Humax4, when I recently checked it.
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/iplayer-qtube-recent-issue.10569/

As of April 2022, the iPlayer interface would crash the HDR-FOX when initialising. As of November 2022 (or maybe earlier), the user interface loads and is navigable, but the HDR-FOX crashes if you try to play anything. That remains the situation, and it is fair to assume the iPlayer app on the HDR-HOX is no longer usable, due to something that has changed at the server. YouTube ceased support for set top boxes some time ago.

qtube remains usable, but may not be suitable for the target users.

Is there a way of disabling or re-assigning the TV Portal button?
ir package.

Do you have a specific reason for running such out-of-date firmware?
It's my parents Humax.
Fair enough, 1.02.20 works perfectly well in isolation.

It seems to work OK (bar the usual odd hangup and rare setup reset)
As do they all.

People say that but I've never noticed.

Last edited:
P.S. Is there a way of disabling or re-assigning the TV Portal button?
with ir package installed go to Diag->File editor->Commonly edited files->/mod/boot/ir3.map
I have disabled the Humax Volume buttons and remapped Portal to Bookmark for easier skipping of ad breaks.
Code:
1f::VOL+     ->  NoOp
40::VOL-     ->  NoOp
41:41:BACK
42:42:OPT+
43:43:INFO
45:45:AUDIO
46:46:SUB
4b:6b:PORTAL  -> Bookmark
Note: the magic occurs in the second column between the colons 4b:6b:PORTAL, the -> Bookmark is purely comments

with ir package installed go to Diag->File editor->Commonly edited files->/mod/boot/ir3.map
I have disabled the Humax Volume buttons and remapped Portal to Bookmark for easier skipping of ad breaks.
Code:
1f::VOL+     ->  NoOp
40::VOL-     ->  NoOp
41:41:BACK
42:42:OPT+
43:43:INFO
45:45:AUDIO
46:46:SUB
4b:6b:PORTAL  -> Bookmark
Note: the magic occurs in the second column between the colons 4b:6b:PORTAL, the -> Bookmark is purely comments
Thanks for that but I've already worked it out from the wiki (WebIf Remote Controller). All done and now have more usefully positioned Mute function. Additionally I've selected to swapped the List & Info buttons. Now easier to switch between channels (info then back) and of course get info.
However, do you know what are the Mode functions listed (70-76 & 7f)?

People say that but I've never noticed.
On 1.03.12 the EPG comes up in ~0.9sec, repeat again just after and its nearer 0.5sec (presumably some caching).
Paging down takes ~0.8-0.9sec. I'ts noticeable.

On the Humax1 with 1.02.20 EPG come up in ~0.5sec, repeated in about same time and pages down in same time (is was recording HD at the time but suspect little effect). It does feels quicker and more "comfortable".

Last edited:
However, do you know what are the Mode functions listed (70-76 & 7f)?
They enable you to display and/or change the remote control channel. Of course, there's no point in doing that (through the virtual remote control facilities) unless you also physically change the channel on the actual physical handset.

Take "Mode" as synonymous with "Remote Control Channel", which enables multiple Humax boxes to be used in the same room, each with their own handset. In the case of HDR-FOX, there are 6 channels available.

Back