WebIf always saying no disk space

Basically the disk is full.
Yes, except that the braced items are $size $used $perc $free $fperc $tsrbuf $tsrused.

When that output was generated, tsrused was much less than 20GiB, causing the illusion of free space.

Later, up to another 16GiB could have been added to tsrused before a TITSUP* scenario.

* "Total inability to save under-resourced programmes"

TSR buffer
While on LCN:100, I used Diags to enter:
tsr/reset -can't seen any changes (not rebooted)
tsr/disable -can see that the TSR is now disabled on test LCN:1
tsr/enable -does re-enable the buffer as seen pressing play after a bit on LCN:1

Also how do I query the current buffer size/percentage?
I have read from above links cli option as:
Code:
mke2fs -m reserved-percentage
Is this worth looking in to?
I'm unclear how mke2fs relates to tune2fs. It's all new to me!

On a slightly different note: the "save last streamed content: 381MiB"
I want to clear this (dates back to 2021-07-19) and not knowing the cli command I thought I'd just save it (which streamed to my Humax4 OK) and this would clear the buffer but it has not. I deleted the saved clip anyway.

How do I clear this buffer?

How do I clear this buffer?
rm /mnt/hd3/Streamer_down_file

And the TSR buffer is nothing to do with the filesystem reserved space, so don't even go there.
If you start playing with mke2fs rather than tune2fs you will probably end up regretting it fairly quickly.

I thought... this would clear the buffer but it has not.
Correct. The buffer is a standard feature of the official firmware, and the CF just provides access to read it. It's no bother being there, and it will be over-written next time the HDR streams anything (which it won't, because I don't think there's anything left to stream).

To add to the replies above...

mke2fs formats a partition, like format in Windows/DOS. You don't want to do that.

tune2fs modifies some attributes of an ext filesystem, like the Reserved block count, but you don't need to do that either.

I don't think either Humax or we have provided any way to see the actual size of the TSR file/files other than using the command-line as in https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/webif-always-saying-no-disk-space.10729/post-164246 (the last two braced numbers are the TSR reserved size and the amount used for the TSR.

Basically, try keeping more free space to avoid having to worry about it, though I'm not well placed to give that advice just now.

Either turn off the TSR buffer (using diagnostic tsr/disable), which should give you your 16GiB free space back, or delete some more stuff to make more than 20 GiB available, which may make the TSR work, along with the rest of the calculations.
OK...however tsr/disable does not give me the free space (rebooted to check).
I removed another 4+GiB file and now 600+ MiB is now showing free, tsr is still disabled, I guess it does not give it back after all.
Still no problem, was just a bit confused when WebIf said 6GiB was free and after a "copy" of 0bytes files, WebIf (and the main menu) then said 0 bytes free!
Freed up some more space. All seems OK now.

Nice to have learned that I can disable the TSR, one of the reasons why I have my humax boxes boot up to LCN:100 Freeview (to reduce unnecessary loading while file processing).
Shame I can't toggle it on or off from the remote.

Thank you everyone for your help :doublethumbsup:

I suppose one use case could be turning off TSR so avoid losing some content that you would like to extract retrospectively using nicesplice -TSR ..., but that doesn't seem to be possible if disabling is done by linking the buffer to /dev/null.

The TSR processing shouldn't load the Linux system much, as it's just writing a stream that's been handed to it by the AV processor. Writing the TSR to a bad disk might amplify any loading, though.

/df already explained it in #19. It's just a calculated number. You can't do anything to influence it.
Just give it up and accept it. Or buy a bigger disk.

Is not my main unit. I just used it for archiving and streaming on occasion, so it's not a problem.
It's usually switched off.

(And on a separate topic, I'm interested in your no. 1 machine with an Unknown loader version. What does it say on the on-screen interface?)

Menu SysInfo: a7.31
Humax#1 {not involved}
Web interface version: 1.4.9-9
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.02.20 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: Unknown - 012d
System ID: 80bc.7e00
I meant on the Humax menus on the TV screen, not on the Web Interface.
Menu, Settings, System, System Information - if you could take a picture and post it, that would be good (obscure the MAC address if you like).

(The space display bug was fixed in WebIf 1.5.0-7)

I meant on the Humax menus on the TV screen, not on the Web Interface.
Menu, Settings, System, System Information - if you could take a picture and post it, that would be good (obscure the MAC address if you like).

(The space display bug was fixed in WebIf 1.5.0-7)
a7.31. Pic attached.

Attachments

• ED36A244-09A9-41D3-B51E-D6C0F3D03F00.jpeg
    ED36A244-09A9-41D3-B51E-D6C0F3D03F00.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 17
a7.31. Pic attached.
Thanks. Would you mind trying extracting the loader in to a file, then zip and PM it to me?
Code:
humax# dd if=/dev/mtd3 of="/mnt/hd2/My Video/loader" bs=1024 count=769
You should then be able to copy it off the box with standard tools (or ask stating what you have and are familiar with using).

If all you want is a copy of 7.31, I have the relevant .hdf in captivity without bothering to extract it.

This appears to be a different a7.31 as per "Loader Version: Unknown - 012d". I have the rest.

Back