webif and flatten "problems"

wiab4355

Morning all,

I installed webif, CFW and a few packages including flatten yesterday, and all went swimmingly, I thought. But this morning I tried to logon but webif just isn't loading; plus flatten doesn't seem to have done anything, unless it doesn't work on stuff already recorded - auto decrypt (or unencrypt) does!

Any help would be appreciated.

PS also I can't seem to map the drive, my laptop can't see it

First off, this should be in the Customised Firmware section of the forum, I'm sure one of the moderators will move it there soon.

WebIF not loading: not sure, possibly a problem with mongoose. flatten should work on everything that has not been marked "do not flatten" - this is a special file added to the folder either manually or using a WebIF tool, or a folder name that starts "[".

To fix this kind of thing (other than stripping out the custom firmware and starting again) you will need to get access to the Telnet command console. Instructions are on the Wiki HERE (click). When you get to the Telnet menu, try running the diagnostic "general".

Use the command line menu option, and enter these commands at the command prompt:

service stop mongoose
service start mongoose

If you want to access the HDR-FOX drive as a network share in Windows, you will need to install the samba package.

Are you sure that the Humax hasn't picked up a different IP address today?

Good point.

Check what address you are using in your browser with the IP address shown on screen at Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting. If you have DHCP set, the router could allocate a different IP address each time the Humax boots. To prevent the address changing, you can change the setting from DHCP to manual but the router has to be configured appropriately to prevent it handing that address to anything else on your network. Further details HERE (click).

Morning all

WebIF is now running (used manual instead of DHCP - not a techie so no idea what I just typed!), installed samba but laptop still can't map network drive. Do I have to reboot the laptop?

Morning all

WebIF is now running (used manual instead of DHCP - not a techie so no idea what I just typed!), installed samba but laptop still can't map network drive. Do I have to reboot the laptop?

Have you started samba using webif service management?

If so I would have thought just refreshing the network folder would do?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Have you started samba using webif service management?

If so I would have thought just refreshing the network folder would do?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
according to the Service Management page, both auto startup and status are marked as on for samba

Just an idea, is the PC and the Humax in the same workgroup.
I had this problem, but after searching this forum found that there was a parameter (workgroup in /mod/etc/smb.conf) that needed setting to match my windows group.
I wasn't using the default ("WORKGROUP").

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just an idea, is the PC and the Humax in the same workgroup.
I had this problem, but after searching this forum found that there was a parameter (workgroup in /mod/etc/smb.conf) that needed setting to match my windows group.
I wasn't using the default ("WORKGROUP").

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
where do i find this "parameter"?

On the Humax: WebIF >> Diagnostics >> File Editor >> Open >> /mod/etc/smb.conf

On the PC: Start >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System, scroll down to "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings"

Any changes will need a reboot, but change the Humax to match the PC not the other way around!

What happens if you do "net view \\humax" replacing humax with either the host name or IP address of the box. You'll need a Command Prompt session on the PC to do this.
Failing that, post the contents of the /mod/etc/smb.conf file, and a note of the IP address.

FWIW, you don't need to reboot the Humax to change Samba settings, just "service stop samba" followed by "service start samba" when using Telnet, or do the equivalent on the Web-If's Services page.

What happens if you do "net view \\humax" replacing humax with either the host name or IP address of the box. You'll need a Command Prompt session on the PC to do this.
Failing that, post the contents of the /mod/etc/smb.conf file, and a note of the IP address.

FWIW, you don't need to reboot the Humax to change Samba settings, just "service stop samba" followed by "service start samba" when using Telnet, or do the equivalent on the Web-If's Services page.
Got this:
Shared resources at \\192.168.0.12
Samba HDR-Fox-T2
Share name Type Used as Comment
----------------------------------------------------
Media Disk Media
The command completed successfully

I typed in \\192.168.0.etc and then browse in map network drive and it found it! So thanks to all who helped

Back