webif connection occasionally falls over?

wiab4355

Hi

Does anyone else's webif connection fall over? I use my laptop upstairs to check that programmes have recorded, add stuff to the schedules etc via webif, and this morning "problem loading page" came up. It happened before and all I did was to use the switch at the back of the box to turn it off and on again. The connection to my HDR Fox T2 appears fine so.... does anybody know what this could be about?

TIA, Ian

The CPU in the Foxsat HDR is not as powerful as the one in an HDR Fox T2. It is suspected that this is the reason that the mongoose web server ocassionally falls over, although this has not been proved conclusively. There is a package in the repository named 'servermon' which monitors the status of mongoose and will automatically restart it, if it stops.

The CPU in the Foxsat HDR is not as powerful as the one in an HDR Fox T2. It is suspected that this is the reason that the mongoose web server ocassionally falls over, although this has not been proved conclusively. There is a package in the repository named 'servermon' which monitors the status of mongoose and will automatically restart it, if it stops.
Thanks. I'll try that now.

Back