WebIF De-Dup new naming scheme

free30

I posted the following post under 'sweeper' but I think it is a WebIF problems.

Basally I think WebIf's De-dup is now naming files slightly differently.
They are displayed on the TV as the same but things have changed under the Webif.

So De-dup does now removes the_underscore_used_as_spaces. Before it did not.
It would be helpful to have it remove these underscores and such from the old files it renamed before the change.

Here my post from sweeper, Thanks for any help

Hello,
Sorry if this has been covered before.
I've been recording the Simpsons for a while. I'm using sweeper and depud to make sure I only keep new ones.
This was working well, but now for what ever reason the naming by depud is working slightly differently and therefore keeping doubles.
Before it_would_use _underscores_instead_of_spaces. Now its not using underscores and a full stop has been removed from after the series number.

So I went through yesterday and deleted all the older ones. Is there anything I can do to get the same naming scheme? I really don't think channel 4 has changed there info, but I think something has changed either in depud(webif) or sweeper.

It would be best if I could just rename the old ones like the new ones. I guess I could use a bulk renaming program if the Hummy not up for it; any recommendations?
Anyhow just a confirmation that this is what's happening would be great. I been loosing disk space and couldn't work it out, the other thing I missed was the change to recursive tags for shrink, I needed to update the tag to be recursive when before it was happy working this way.

As ever thank you for any advise and thank you all the great work.:)

I've looked through the code and can see that I changed the way that filenames are constructed on 23.06.2014.

The old logic replaced commonly seen special characters with underscores whereas the new code uses the same logic as the Humax software. Spaces are no longer treated specially, which is the change you noticed.

So De-dup does now removes the_underscore_used_as_spaces. Before it did not.
Not quite right, it's no longer replacing spaces with underscores.

Batch renaming the old files is tricky because not all underscores should become spaces. It is probably better to partially revert this change and make dedup change spaces to underscores but what do people think?

Thank af123.

Pleased its not just me going mad. :)

Ok... so now it replaces special characters with underscores and leaves spaces, where as before it left special characters ( . for sure) and made spaces underscores.

I don't mind which way around you do it, what ever is easiest for you would be me vote.
Its only in the WebIF that they are displaced differently, on the TV they are the same. I guess what is important that it ignores the already de-duped flag or something so it does them all the same way. So what ever looks best in WebIF. :)

Nice to see you back af123, hope you had a the great time away you deserve.:cheers:

The majority of my files have underscores in place of spaces. So the simplest solution for me would be to put the underscore back.

However, in terms of changing the archived recordings to get consistency, I am guessing that it is relatively simpler to change the filename to the medialist name using sweeper (and mvdisks temporarily, if on external drives), than doing a character by character replacement of the filenames.

Samba could be used to copy the .sweeper file to affected folders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giving it further thought in a hot bath, how about a button at the bottom of each webif browser page to to copy the medialist name to the filename (maybe with a few additional rules)? I am thinking along the lines of the "manual" dedup button and having a preview before processing (in case the medialist name contains an invalid character).

This would work equally well on external drives without the need for mvdisk

I have no idea how much work this would involve, so forgive me if I am asking too much.

No

Edit: I just checked to make certain. If a folder was deduped before the changes in June and has underscores instead of spaces, running the de duplicate/tidy option does not remove the underscores.

In the folder is checked underscore also replaced other characters such as slashes in the episode number and question marks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've looked through the code and can see that I changed the way that filenames are constructed on 23.06.2014.

The old logic replaced commonly seen special characters with underscores whereas the new code uses the same logic as the Humax software. Spaces are no longer treated specially, which is the change you noticed.

Not quite right, it's no longer replacing spaces with underscores.

Batch renaming the old files is tricky because not all underscores should become spaces. It is probably better to partially revert this change and make dedup change spaces to underscores but what do people think?

I just joined two parts of a Ch5 film together (why do they split films?) naming it "The Devils Advocate join". The result is the usual set of four files called "The". This seems to imply that underscores are still expected here.

Last edited:
@af123: thank you for adding a new "force re-processing folder" option in the manual de-duplication screen of web-if. It does the job, but the previews are not quite right. As I said, it does the job and removes the underscores, so not a biggy.

So I'm still unsure what to do as I gather more and more doubles.

1. I either delete GB of data from before 23.06.2014.
2. I don't understand why the new naming scheme does not rename older files?
3. Do something with another program, which I am still, not sure about. (any help?)

Guess I was hoping for option 2.

I don't think af123 made this change to specifically resolve our problem, but it still works! There is a passing mention of the change in af123's post in the recent thread on Series Helper Files.

http://hummy.tv/forum/index.php?threads/5439/

Assuming you have have the latest customised firmware and webif, open a folder in webif with the duplicates or underscores and click on the deduplicate/tidy. Click process folder and the button will change name to force reprocessing. Click this and you should be sorted. You may have to do this twice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back