WebIF - Decrypt in place

For everyone else, I believe decrypt is greyed out if all the required ducks are not lined up. Content sharing needs to be on, the recording has to have been indexed by the DLNA system (usually a short delay after the recording completes, but not with the Humax in standby), and if it's HiDef autounprotect has to be installed.

For everyone else, I believe decrypt is greyed out if all the required ducks are not lined up. Content sharing needs to be on, the recording has to have been indexed by the DLNA system (usually a short delay after the recording completes, but not with the Humax in standby), and if it's HiDef autounprotect has to be installed.

Yes, having not used the box for a while, I assumed all would be as it was. It was not - content sharing was off. I have no idea why as all I have done is re-tune and make use of the new channel reordering facility which is brilliant. Now all HD is at the top when I think it should be.

I see that to use auto-unprotect the box must come alive during the night. I accept that it may be hard work for the system but if, during the day, it is on (not in standby), but not being watched, it would be ideal to be able to decrypt just the file needed - I don't need all decrypted, just the odd one maybe in a month. However, I am grateful for the facilities as they are :)

You can create a new folder under My Video called say 'My-Decrypted' and then use the Web-If file browser OPT option to turn on Auto-Decrypt to work on the new folder. Auto-Decrypt will work whenever the Humax is out of standby, but will still need Contant Share = on, DNLA symbol present and autounprotect installed

I see that to use auto-unprotect the box must come alive during the night. I accept that it may be hard work for the system but if, during the day, it is on (not in standby), but not being watched, it would be ideal to be able to decrypt just the file needed - I don't need all decrypted, just the odd one maybe in a month. However, I am grateful for the facilities as they are :)

You have this wrong. autounprotect is not the same as unencrypt. autounprotect merely sits in the background making HiDef recordings copy and stream just the same as StDef - ie if copied to USB they get decrypted, and if streamed the do not require secure delivery negotiation (so they can be downloaded and ripped). All it does is tweak the properties in the .htm file and the DLNA database. unencrypt is the one that squirrels away decrypting anything it finds, it needs autounprotect to be able to do its job (it effectively streams to itself and saves the result as the decrypted file). As installed it only runs between 1 and 6am, but that can be changed, and mine runs 24/7 with no issues.

However, for your requirements, install autounprotect and create a folder "Decrypt" (or something), use the WebIF to mark it for auto-decrypt, then all you have to do is move any recordings you want decrypted into the Decrypt folder.

However, for your requirements, install autounprotect and create a folder "Decrypt" (or something), use the WebIF to mark it for auto-decrypt, then all you have to do is move any recordings you want decrypted into the Decrypt folder.

Very much as detailed in #5 above

I have taken the advice thank you both. I think a long absence has made me completely out of touch.

Back