WEBIF Download Opt- Ports & Protocols ?

Cancunia

I'd like to use the Download option from the 'OPT+' button in the Webif media browser, but from out side of the LAN via the Internet. I can browse to the correct file, click on OPT+ but then nothing happens. From some info I read somewhere (can't remember where) the download option should download the .ts file to your 'default' download directory? Anyways, I'm guess that this method is not just HTTP and needs some other ports to be opened, or perhaps is not compatible with WAN transfers?

Apologies Ezra, just found your notes. Perhaps my problem something to do with the redirects?

Download

Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Download
This function will download with decrytion an SD file (or Hi-Def File if the 'ENC' flag is removed) and place it into the default download folder on your P.C., The following items may inhibit it functioning correctly :-
  1. The File type *.TS must not be assosiated with a program such as a media player on your P.C., If it is, Remove the association
  2. Your brouser must allow re-direction of addresses

The download option uses port 9000 - you will need to make sure this has a pathway through your router.

If you decrypt the file first it should download okay over the standard port 80. Decryption on the fly uses port 9000 but also currently tells your browser to connect to the hunmy's internal IP address. There's a fix for that coming in the next release.

Certainly does work over port 80, many thanks AF123, now all I need is to be able to run the downloads overnight. I'll switch to FTP when I remember to allow it next time I can log into the router.

Back