1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WebIf / EPG problem on HD-FOX T2

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by Black Hole, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Pseudo-dad is reporting he can't open the EPG from the web interface on his HD-FOX. Anything I need to know?

2. moppet

moppet Member

Strange one this, I have two HDs, both same configuration, on one the EPG works on the other EPG does not work! Both have all the same packages installed and latest webif 0.6.4-1. Tried reinstalling webif but gives same result, strangely however if I click on more options then a genre it displays the list of matching programmes with channel logos but won't display the regular EPG. I don't use this feature normally so am not that bothered, however if you have any bright ideas on how to fix I am happy to test.

3. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Mine's just done the same thing... recovered now though.

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Could it be if the EPG hasn't been populated?

5. moppet

moppet Member

Both mine are working again

6. af123

Unfortunately mine fixed itself before I could investigate further. It could have been that the EPG database was being updated, or that something about the current programme on BBC1 was unparsable for some reason.. will have to keep an eye on it.

7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Super-Lurker is still reporting complete failure getting the EPG, despite refreshing everything. I suppose I shall have to break out my HD-FOX and try to replicate the problem.

8. leicray

leicray Member

My expereince in recent days is that EPG data are present for some channels but not others.

9. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

S.Lurker has installed 1.11 already! I don't think that will have changed the disc-based stuff though will it. For what it's worth, here's what happens when he tries an EPG search:

10. af123

That's very odd. I can fix the error which should get him further, but that really shouldn't happen. (It's a non-numeric service id in his EPG data).

11. af123

Try 0.6.6-1... might not fix it completely but should get further.

12. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

I have been delivered a screen grab of the next runtime error (with 0.6.6-1):

I hope I don't have to type out many more of those! (Phew! - SL's learned how to select-copy-paste)

13. af123

Something is definitely screwy in the EPG data. This one is due to an event having a null start time or duration. More defensive programming required.

14. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Far be it for me to criticise, but one of the first lessons I got when "apprenticed" in hardware design (well, mentored really) was when my supervisor hit my circuit with unexpected input and broke it. But I know it's hard work trapping all error input.

15. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Super Lurker is now reporting EPG success with WebIF 0.6.5. However, he says the pie chart keeps dropping back to the USB stick even though his hard drive is the top of the list.

New info: :confused: he seems to have different versions of WebIF installed on the HDD and the USB stick, and gets different results according to whether he's got one or both plugged in! More of a standardised test environment required...

16. af123

Can you tell me if this is better with the latest version of webif?

17. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

He's been playing.

Configuration: Buffalo Ministation HDD + USB pen drive (UPD) via Trust USB port multiplier. /mod folder exists on both HDD and UPD. Starting with only the HDD...

However, rebooting with both drives plugged in crashes the WebIF interface. Rebooting with both drives plugged in (but having removed the /mod folder from the UPD)...
    And apparently...
    Commentary: I'm not sure about the "when highlighted" part - is the pie chart supposed to follow the highlighted drive?

I think he's probably hit the nail on the head there.

I'm getting this second hand and I only bring it up because of the current issues with the pie chart logic. SL says his kit does what he needs it to do and he is only pushing boundaries.

18. af123

Ok, that makes sense. On the HD model, the mod software has to be installed on an external disk and it is always going to boot from the first one that the Humax detects. It should be possible to change this behaviour in a future version however.