WebIF Feature Request - Save synopsis to txt file

ian_j

As subject.

Would it be possible to add an item to the the OPT+ menu to save the synopsis of a program as a text file with the filename of the item as it's name?

It would be possible, but would it be generally useful?

If you can explain more why you need the text in a file we might be able to suggest other ways to skin the cat!

Is the mp3 one created by the 'Extract Audio' or 'Auto audio' options?
If so would it make more sense to request creation of the tags automatically as part of those processes?

No, I download the .ts files and crop out any leading or trailing audio before converting to mp3 and adding in full tags.

You can copy that information to the clipboard easily, and then save it to a file using notepad or similar, or paste it into the tag editor you use.

Silly question: if there any reason you can't use the WebIf "Rename" (while the file is still on the Humax) to display the synopsis then just copy the text and save it as a text file?

[Apologies for cross posting.]

Could do that but I mostly control the humax remotely to download files to my media server for processing when I get back in, and when I am in the humax is not always turned on.

Not a problem, Just thought of it today while setting some files to download.

Could do that but I mostly control the humax remotely to download files to my media server for processing when I get back in, and when I am in the humax is not always turned on.
In that case, the OPT+ option wouldn't help you much anyway. (By the way, no need to go into 'rename' to get copyable text, just click on the file name, select, copy and paste to a file editor.)

Is the mp3 one created by the 'Extract Audio' or 'Auto audio' options?
If so would it make more sense to request creation of the tags automatically as part of those processes?
Those processes do create tags as part of the extraction if I remember correctly.

As subject.

Would it be possible to add an item to the the OPT+ menu to save the synopsis of a program as a text file with the filename of the item as it's name?
You could just write a recmon applet like this:

Code:
#!/mod/bin/jimsh

if {[lindex $argv 0] ne "-stop"} exit

source /mod/webif/lib/setup
require ts.class

set file [lindex $argv 1]
set ts [ts fetch "$file.ts"]
if {$ts eq "0"} exit
set fd [open "$file.txt" w]
puts $fd [$ts get synopsis]
$fd close

More error checking wouldn't hurt but this should function.

Create this as a new file within /mod/etc/recmon.d/ - any name you want under there - and make it executable. So if, for example, you called it /mod/etc/recmon.d/savesynopsis then you'd need to type this at the CLI:

Code:
humax# chmod +x /mod/etc/recmon.d/savesynopsis

Synopsis .txt files should then be created upon recording completion.
(I haven't tested this)

Many thanks af123 for your input I really appreciate it but I'll leave it alone, I don't want to break anything.

Back